And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on April 30, 2017, 07:14:20 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on April 30, 2017, 05:04:30 AM
Can we at least agree that GNR was better than every band Duque mentioned?

Depends if we take into account the current state of Guns 'N Roses.  :P
Despite taking pride in decadence, Mötley Crüe has not degenerated to such a low point yet.  :D

I evaluate any band on their best work, basically.

That makes sense to me, since I just don't listen to their crap anyway.

So if GnR put out a bunch of sclock later, or if they such in their reunion, it doesn't really matter to me.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 30, 2017, 11:19:13 AM
Incidentally, shouldn't we have some for of poll for bands/videos that appeared on MTV, to mark the passing of that golden era and explain to the younguns here what it was about?

No.  Fuck young people.  It would just bounce off their autism. 

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2017, 11:14:51 AM
In 1983, it was Def Leppard's Pyromania that kept hard rock at the top of the MTV rotation, when it was drowning in Michael Jacksonian squalor; they were one of the hard rock bands that intentionally edged itself into MTV.  They weren't showing a whole lot of Dio or Ozzy, you know.

I despised Def Leppard's subsequent bullshit--particularly the album that never ended, Hysteria--but the Pyromania album was great, and perfect for 1983.

Yeah, I wasn't dissing them, that album was great for what is was and as you say it's time. But I think some of the other albums from the era have stood the test of time better.

Incidentally, shouldn't we have some for of poll for bands/videos that appeared on MTV, to mark the passing of that golden era and explain to the younguns here what it was about?

Who here would we be explaining it to?  Do we even have people here under 30?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on April 30, 2017, 12:17:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 30, 2017, 11:14:51 AM
In 1983, it was Def Leppard's Pyromania that kept hard rock at the top of the MTV rotation, when it was drowning in Michael Jacksonian squalor; they were one of the hard rock bands that intentionally edged itself into MTV.  They weren't showing a whole lot of Dio or Ozzy, you know.

I despised Def Leppard's subsequent bullshit--particularly the album that never ended, Hysteria--but the Pyromania album was great, and perfect for 1983.

Yeah, I wasn't dissing them, that album was great for what is was and as you say it's time. But I think some of the other albums from the era have stood the test of time better.

Who here would we be explaining it to?  Do we even have people here under 30?

Tyr would make a good stand-in.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Berkut on April 30, 2017, 11:26:50 AM
I evaluate any band on their best work, basically.

That makes sense to me, since I just don't listen to their crap anyway.

So if GnR put out a bunch of sclock later, or if they such in their reunion, it doesn't really matter to me.

Fair enough.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on April 30, 2017, 02:30:33 PM
Why would that make my head explode?

Seeing a black guy bothers conservatives, so they assume it bothers liberals.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".