News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

2021? I would think 2020 with the lock downs would be more a target for their ire.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

2020 was a long, long time ago - almost mythical.

2021 was just last year.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Things opened back up again in 2021. But I guess they are talking about vaccines, that new and unproven technology. That must be what Syt's family is mad about.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

viper37

It seems some people in Ontario are somewhat dissatisfied of Doug Ford's management of their province.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Ranting about a product you're trying to sell in an ad seems like poor salesmanship.  Maybe if he tried harder to write an appealing ad, I wouldn't keep seeing it year after year.

Syt

What makes it funny is that this person relied heavily on e.g. church charities and government welfare for many years to support her family of 6. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Syt on September 07, 2022, 10:56:26 PM
Hasn't this been posted before?  I'd swear I've seen it a few pages back? :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

I think it is on the meme rotation for Syt's family.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on September 12, 2022, 11:13:39 PMSo trump has a lot more to hide?

Yeah.  The Fifth Amendment is the right not to incriminate oneself.

The Minsky Moment

I don't think HRC gave a deposition relating to her email server inquiry (the subpoena in the Judicial Watch case was quashed), so her opportunity space for invoking the 5th was a lot smaller than Trump's

That said, I don't have reason to believe she would have invoked it had a deposition gone forward.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on September 12, 2022, 10:45:02 PM

They missed an opportunity of adding the Trump quote from a few years ago that only the guilty plead the 5th - or something to that effect.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 13, 2022, 04:57:27 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 12, 2022, 10:45:02 PM

They missed an opportunity of adding the Trump quote from a few years ago that only the guilty plead the 5th - or something to that effect.
"Only criminals plead the 5th"
Donald J. Trump.