News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Has Ank gone off the deep end?

Started by Martinus, November 28, 2015, 01:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: derspiess on November 28, 2015, 01:52:03 PM
He was fairly sensible before (i.e., up until some point in the Bush Admin) but he's said some nutty things since then.

Haven't we all.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

While I have zero problem with someone referring to a "Christmas tree", doesn't that same tolerance demand that we have no problem if someone does NOT refer to it is a Christmas tree?

In other words...can't people just fucking call it whatever they want without someone's vagina getting all sandy?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

Ben has been nutty for awhile. Do you guys not remember in the 90s when his screws came loose and he started giving away all his money?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on November 28, 2015, 03:17:49 PM
While I have zero problem with someone referring to a "Christmas tree", doesn't that same tolerance demand that we have no problem if someone does NOT refer to it is a Christmas tree?

In other words...can't people just fucking call it whatever they want without someone's vagina getting all sandy?

If a random dude calls a decorated tree a "Holiday tree" it's not that big a deal.  I'm free to think he's just a little too hung up and ignore him.  But it's different IMO when it's the White House doing it.  For one thing, it's not their Christmas tree.  It's our Christmas tree, the country's Christmas tree.

The flaky part of the Stein article is the part when he talks about God deserting us and bad things happening to us because we've turned our backs on him. 

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2015, 03:45:14 PM

If a random dude calls a decorated tree a "Holiday tree" it's not that big a deal.  I'm free to think he's just a little too hung up and ignore him.  But it's different IMO when it's the White House doing it.  For one thing, it's not their Christmas tree.  It's our Christmas tree, the country's Christmas tree.

So call it a Christmas tree then. So what? It is YOUR Christmas tree, and feel free to call it that. I don't think Obama will be mad.

The flaky part of the Stein article is the part when he talks about God deserting us and bad things happening to us because we've turned our backs on him. 

Yeah, that is always awesome, when religious people basically shit on everyone who God decides to kill because they didn't pray hard enough.

0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on November 28, 2015, 03:47:00 PM
So call it a Christmas tree then. So what? It is YOUR Christmas tree, and feel free to call it that. I don't think Obama will be mad.
I object to him calling my tree a different name.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2015, 03:48:45 PM

SO the answer to my question is no, and it will get all sandy. Gotcha. :P

0 rows returned

Valmy

Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

I do not understand the equivalency here. Public discussion of God pass freely through cyberspace as well and public discussion of lewd, crude, vulgar, and obscene things also get suppressed in the school and workplace.

As far the fact people do not publicly blurt out religious things well it is a pretty old tradition you do not discuss money, religion, or politics in mixed company in this country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I am not a huge fan of dumping ancient cultural traditions and making our world blander but hey some people really love doing that. I will not be though but I will fight to the death for your right to be lame.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 28, 2015, 07:26:21 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 28, 2015, 01:44:06 AM
He has been posting more and more weird, ultra-conservative shit on Facebook lately. I wonder what happened.

You do remember the one Ank is right?  The Navy guy, the one who supports Bernie Sanders?

Maybe Bernie Sanders is ultra-Conservative to some people.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Berkut on November 28, 2015, 04:00:25 PM

If that's what you want to call an objection, knock yourself out.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on November 28, 2015, 04:10:55 PM
I am not a huge fan of dumping ancient cultural traditions and making our world blander

I know. I was really mad when they dumped celebrating the birth of Mithra for this new fangled "Christ-mass" shit.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2015, 03:45:14 PM

:lol: I will not submit to a made up supernatural totalitarian rule.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 28, 2015, 04:27:13 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 28, 2015, 04:00:25 PM

If that's what you want to call an objection, knock yourself out.

It is - the only thing more amusing than overly sensitive guys like Ben is actual, real examples of people who actually get offended that other people don't call some decoration the name THEY want it to be called. The narcissism of the idea that only YOUR name is the acceptable name is amusing, to say the least.

0 rows returned

Martinus

Or that Starbucks does not say "Merry Christmas" when giving out cups.