News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Do The Kurds Deserve Their Own Nation State?

Started by mongers, November 24, 2015, 02:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do The Kurds Deserve Their Own Nation State?

Yes
35 (83.3%)
No
4 (9.5%)
Undecided
3 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on November 25, 2015, 03:17:42 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 25, 2015, 02:18:01 PM
Canada makes an odd example of triumphant Anglo Saxon culture lording it over everyone.   :lmfao:
But then, you actually believe that to be true, so I shouldn't mock.
Really?  What is the most spoken language in the country and by what margin?  Who is the head of State?  How many unilingual english provinces in the country?  Where do your civil laws come from?

Heh, depends on where you are. If you happen to be in Quebec, the majority language is French, the unilingual language is French, and the civil code was inspired by the Napoleonic code. Our current Prime Minister represents the riding of Papineau in Quebec, and is fluently bilingual. The theoretic head of state is the Queen of England, but all her duties are assumed by her representative, the Governor General, who presently is  David Johnston (from Ontario); however, he succeeded a Francophone from Haiti originally - Michaëlle Jean - who is currently the Secretary-General of the Organisation internationale de la Francophonie. 

Seems a very odd set of questions, if intended to prove Canada is dominated by Anglos.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Christ, Viper doesn't know shit about the US.  His statements are so wrong headed I don't know where to start.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2015, 03:52:31 PM
Christ, Viper doesn't know shit about the US.  His statements are so wrong headed I don't know where to start.

Hey, he doesn't know about his own country, so why should he know about yours?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on November 25, 2015, 03:55:12 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 25, 2015, 03:52:31 PM

Hey, he doesn't know about his own country, so why should he know about yours?  :P

I mean look at this. 
QuoteOf course not.  But they had much less people than the northerners, still plenty of lands and a diminishing number of slaves.  It would have been easy for the North to act like the British and fight against the Atlantic slave trade.
Meanwhile, arm the indians, form militia and assist them in repelling the Southerners encroaching on their lands instead of fighting against the Indians to protect the colonists

The South didn't have a diminishing number of slaves, the US enforced the ban on the Trans-Atlantic slave trade prior to the Civil war and had for a long time.  The Indians were not one people, they were already armed but largely inconsequential.  There were not many of them living in Confederate territory anyway, and the area with the most Indians (the Indian Territory now known as Oklahoma) had strong Confederate support.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017