Another bomb in Tunisia

Started by Richard Hakluyt, November 24, 2015, 11:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Hakluyt

Came across this while checking on the latest news about Russia/Turkey :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-africa-34885791

:(

Valmy

The attack is on the security detail of the President it seems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Richard Hakluyt

Yes, it seems that the president is ok and will address the nation shortly.

Valmy

Looks like about 11 people have been killed. It is so surreal we can follow every terrorist hit around the world in real time.

Be interesting to hear what the President has to say.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 12:24:31 PM

I have a hunch it will be as follows: "Bar bar bar bar bar bar. BAR! BAR BAR BAR!!! Bar? Bar? BAR??? Bar! Bar."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on November 24, 2015, 12:40:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 12:24:31 PM

I have a hunch it will be as follows: "Bar bar bar bar bar bar. BAR! BAR BAR BAR!!! Bar? Bar? BAR??? Bar! Bar."

It is NOT all Greek to me :P

Valmy

Tunisia's President declaring 30-day state of emergency, declares war on terrorism, urges international coalition.

QuoteTunisia's president has declared a state of emergency throughout the country and a curfew in the capital after an attack on a bus carrying his presidential guard that killed 12 people.

Beji Caid Essebsi said in a televised address that the country is at "war against terrorism" and called for international cooperation against extremists who have staged several attacks around the world in recent weeks.

Essebsi said "I want to reassure the Tunisian people that we will vanquish terrorism." He wasn't in the bus when it was attacked Tuesday in the center of the capital.

His office says he is cancelling a trip to Switzerland that had been scheduled for Wednesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/11/24/world/middleeast/ap-ml-tunisia-explosion-the-latest.html?_r=0

I wonder who specifically is responsible?

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 02:47:32 PM

probably people who say 'Bar bar bar ackbar bar" a lot.
Tunisia deserves better in any case.

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on November 24, 2015, 03:39:26 PM
probably people who say 'Bar bar bar ackbar bar" a lot.
Tunisia deserves better in any case.

Well duh. But who? Local trouble? Daesh?

Admiral Yi

Keep in mind that Tunisia, at least at some point, supplied a large number of ISIS foreign recruits.

Highest % of population?  Highest gross number?  Can't remember which, but they were/are #1 in something.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2015, 04:35:25 PM
Keep in mind that Tunisia, at least at some point, supplied a large number of ISIS foreign recruits.

Highest % of population?  Highest gross number?  Can't remember which, but they were/are #1 in something.

Highest number of recruits from a wedge shaped country?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 02:47:32 PM
Western imperialism, no doubt.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.