NFL Playoffs?, Playoffs?!?!(that's not a catch, that's a catch)

Started by Liep, November 20, 2015, 07:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Nice game in New York. A bitter loss for the Giants I'm sure, but hey, 6-10 might be enough to win the division.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 04, 2015, 02:43:14 PM
What's the deal with the Ditka curse?

Packers were undefeated until the week McDonald's ran the commercial with Ditka donning a Packers sweater.  Then they lost three straight.  They actually won the week McDonald's showed Ditka putting his Bears sweater back on, but still they are 2-4 since the first commercial.  Which includes a loss against Da Bearss. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Also Bengals won a nice little layup game against the Brownies.  AJ McCarran got some more playing time and Mario Alford caught his first NFL pass.  WHO DEY
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Seems like first season in a long, long time that not every single team is bunched up around 8-8.

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2015, 04:00:10 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 09:30:32 AM
I'm sticking with my Ditka curse theory for now.

Meh, it's bigger than that:  the Lions and Vikings will never see The Promised Land ever again;
unlike the Packers and Bears, this is their punishment for abandoning the Norris Division for the unnatural environs of domed stafiums.

They offended the football gods, and havent won shit since.

The Vikings, maybe.  But the Lions haven't won anything since before I was born, and they were still playing outdoors for half that time.  Their curse comes from trading away Bobby Layne.

Liep

We're stuck with Chiefs@Raiders. 3 missed EPs so far. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Missed FG and they vomit in disgust on the sideline.

grumbler

Quote from: dps on December 06, 2015, 06:17:17 PM
The Vikings, maybe.  But the Lions haven't won anything since before I was born, and they were still playing outdoors for half that time.  Their curse comes from trading away Bobby Layne.

The Lions have never even been in a Super Bowl ever.  So, yeah, they can't get back to the Promised Land.  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Oh, that's right, NFL championships prior to Super Bowl Eye don't count.  #StopAutismNow

derspiess

Ed Anger

I loved the Brady petulant look after the game. What a low energy loser.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Liep on December 06, 2015, 04:49:47 PM
Nice game in New York. A bitter loss for the Giants I'm sure, but hey, 6-10 might be enough to win the division.

I don't think so. The Redskins are going to reach win 6 tomorrow night -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

:lol:  Antonio Brown bouncing off the goalpost was pretty great.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on December 06, 2015, 07:53:00 PM
:lol:

Anyway, Patriots lose :punk:

Odd game. Pats scored 28 despite the receiving corp being Amendolla and a cast of nobodies and only allowed the Eagles to score 14. Terrible special teams play allowed two TDs and they returned an interception 99 yards for a score. <__<

Brady played well given what he had to deal with. Threw three TDs and ran in another. Did throw two picks.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point