NFL Playoffs?, Playoffs?!?!(that's not a catch, that's a catch)

Started by Liep, November 20, 2015, 07:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Just watched the monday night game. Both teams looked to compete in who could crush their own fans hope the most so it surprised me he didn't fumble or trip before the goal line.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Admiral Yi

Did the Brownies let go that QB who lost out the starting spot to Manziel, or was that the dude playing Monday?

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2015, 07:11:54 PM
Did the Brownies let go that QB who lost out the starting spot to Manziel, or was that the dude playing Monday?
He was one playing yesterday till he was knocked out with collarbone injury
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 01, 2015, 08:15:15 PM
Brock Landers?

Josh McCown (former Buc, former Bear, former lots of other things), Austin Davis, Johnny Manziel.

McCown is now on IR.

Also, Brock Osweiler is the former backup QB for the Broncos, now starting after Manning's injury, and Brock Landers is from Boogie Nights.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

derspiess

Great finish. But wtf is going on with Green Bay?   That Ditka curse must have really taken hold.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

They've been absolutely terrible since the bye. 

Receivers for some magical reason cannot get open. Ever.  It's embarrassing.   I also think Rodgers picked up an injury that is affecting his throwing accuracy.  Going into week 8 at Denver he was averaging his highest percentage ever, believe it was 73%.  Now it's atrocious, he took several huge hits early in that Denver game and there's been speculation of an undisclosed injury.

derspiess

I'm sticking with my Ditka curse theory for now.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 24, 2015, 07:36:23 AM
Man, the injuries just keep piling up. The Pats definitely have the best team this year, but there is a strong possibility that they won't even make it the Superbowl if this keeps up.

Agreed. Gronk should be back in a week or two, and Amendola back this week probably. But their offense isn't what it was and it's likely going to be a lot tougher for them to make it to the SB or win it, which is already very tough anyway with a mostly healthy team. If Gronk was out for the season, on top of all the other injuries on offense, I was thinking that they wouldn't even make it through the playoffs.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 09:30:32 AM
I'm sticking with my Ditka curse theory for now.

Meh, it's bigger than that:  the Lions and Vikings will never see The Promised Land ever again;
unlike the Packers and Bears, this is their punishment for abandoning the Norris Division for the unnatural environs of domed stafiums.

They offended the football gods, and havent won shit since.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: KRonn on December 04, 2015, 02:37:24 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 24, 2015, 07:36:23 AM
Man, the injuries just keep piling up. The Pats definitely have the best team this year, but there is a strong possibility that they won't even make it the Superbowl if this keeps up.

Agreed. Gronk should be back in a week or two, and Amendola back this week probably. But their offense isn't what it was and it's likely going to be a lot tougher for them to make it to the SB or win it, which is already very tough anyway with a mostly healthy team. If Gronk was out for the season, on top of all the other injuries on offense, I was thinking that they wouldn't even make it through the playoffs.

Edelman should be back for the playoffs as well. If all 3 are healthy the offense should be fine.

What's up with Collins though? He's missed the last four weeks.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point