Women are either bisexual or gay but 'never straight'

Started by jimmy olsen, November 10, 2015, 07:33:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2015, 10:56:26 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 10, 2015, 10:44:57 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2015, 10:38:48 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 10, 2015, 10:30:49 AM
Also, you are misreading the article.  74% of women who identified as straight were strongly aroused by both sexes.

I am not misreading anything. That number was quoted for a reason. The reason I guess is to confuse and make it unclear what the study said.

Yes it was quoted because 74% of straight women were strongly aroused compared to Lesbians who were not strongly aroused by men.  I am not sure what is so confusing about that.

Since the conclusion is that no women are straight it stands to reason that 100% of women who identified as straight had some form of arousal to both sexes.  Its just that 74% of them had a strong reaction.  You are assuming that because 74% had a strong reaction that the remaining 26% had no reaction.  That is why you are misreading the article.

I was not assuming that.

Ok, then how did you come to this conclusion:

Quoteyet 26% of the straight women were not attracted to both sexes

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2015, 10:41:45 AM

Right - that is 82% of all the women tested. It doesn't say WHICH sex the remaining 18% are NOT attracted to though...

Yes indeed.

QuoteNo, there doesn't have to be any number that identify as bisexual for that to make sense.

The test is measuring arousal, not how they identify as bi or straight.

No the test clearly takes that into account, how women identify is being reported.

QuoteAggregate? Aggregate of what? The two numbers are based on different sets, there is no aggregate.

Aggregate of what the identified lesbians and the identified straight women. I guess I thought that was an overall number and then they went on to break out the results by set.

QuoteOK - so?

Makes the results sketchy. But I do not know if that is true at all.

QuoteWell, it has nothing to do with the parts of his study the article is reporting on, I suspect his study is likely more far reaching than the titillating bits being reported on.

Yeah that is probably what is going on.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 10, 2015, 10:58:07 AM
Ok, then how did you come to this conclusion:

I didn't necessarily. It was just a possibility..

It was probably like what Berkut said. It was 'HOTT' that such and such a percentage of women had strong sexual arousal so actual information on the study was not considered necessary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on November 10, 2015, 10:53:05 AM
Wasn't there a study recently that women were aroused by images of rape and assault as well?  Maybe they're just aroused by everything

My wife says she cannot be aroused unless she 'feels sexy' so who the hell knows.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 10, 2015, 10:56:46 AM
Maybe they're just aroused by everything

Given the state of most men, its a good thing too.

Speak for yourself. I am gorgeous.

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on November 10, 2015, 11:05:42 AM
Wasn't there a study recently that women were aroused by images of rape and assault as well?  Maybe they're just aroused by everything

My wife says she cannot be aroused unless she 'feels sexy' so who the hell knows.

Have you tried vacuuming? Or doing laundry?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on November 10, 2015, 11:13:47 AM

Dude I work my ass off doing house work. Women on Languish and elsewhere insist that is a good way to get ladies turned on. I can assure you that does not work. My getting laid to not getting laid ratio is distinctly unaffected. Though maybe this should be the next study this guy does. 'Here are pictures of attractive people doing house work'

Malthus

Enough with the kinky talk.  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on November 10, 2015, 11:18:07 AM

Enough with the kinky talk.  :mad:

:lol:

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

What percentage of these medical researchers get off on studying women being aroused by sexual images?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: mongers on November 10, 2015, 06:49:32 PM
What percentage of these medical researchers get off on studying women being aroused by sexual images?

All of the female ones, apparently.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers