Dept of Education declares that school must allow boy to shower with girls

Started by Phillip V, November 02, 2015, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

'Federal education authorities found on Monday that an Illinois school district had violated anti-discrimination laws when it did not allow a transgender student [biological high school boy] who identifies as a girl and participates in athletics to change and shower in the girls' locker room without restrictions.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/03/us/illinois-district-violated-transgender-students-rights-us-says.html

Tonitrus

I could foresee a lot of high school boys start claiming to identify as girls. :hmm:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 02, 2015, 09:37:28 PM
I could foresee a lot of high school boys start claiming to identify as girls. :hmm:

Yeah this will end well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

You know... I am not the most trans-friendly person around here,  But I don't foresee that in the least.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on November 03, 2015, 01:16:03 AM

You know... I am not the most trans-friendly person around here,  But I don't foresee that in the least.

Yeah, it's one of the most moronic bigoted arguments I have ever heard and I have heard a lot. It's right there on par with Jeremy Irons' "if gays are allowed to marry, what is to prevent fathers marrying sons to avoid inheritance tax".

Martinus

jimmy olsen

Got to agree with the Beeb
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2015, 01:21:57 AM

Though it's interesting to see whose mind immediately goes to deception as an acceptable means of getting sexual gratification - and whose doesn't.

Admiral Yi

I don't see anything remotely bigoted about the belief that guy guys will try to take advantage of this.

Nor is it moronic to think so.  After all, the only objective way to prevent it would be to create a test of female identification.  I presume the plaintiff in this case was not given one.

Of course a rather impartial test would be if the dude gets a woodie in the shower, but at that it's already mission accomplished.

Archy

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2015, 01:20:30 AM

Yeah, it's one of the most moronic bigoted arguments I have ever heard and I have heard a lot. It's right there on par with Jeremy Irons' "if gays are allowed to marry, what is to prevent fathers marrying sons to avoid inheritance tax".
That one's easy its still incest.  :)

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2015, 01:34:28 AM
I don't see anything remotely bigoted about the belief that guy guys will try to take advantage of this.

Nor is it moronic to think so.  After all, the only objective way to prevent it would be to create a test of female identification.  I presume the plaintiff in this case was not given one.

Of course a rather impartial test would be if the dude gets a woodie in the shower, but at that it's already mission accomplished.

I don't even know where to begin. Each of three lines of your post contain misconceptions and errors.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Martinus on November 03, 2015, 01:24:13 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2015, 01:21:57 AM

Though it's interesting to see whose mind immediately goes to deception as an acceptable means of getting sexual gratification - and whose doesn't.

Humor is lost on this place.   :rolleyes:

You're all becoming a bunch of stodgy old curmudgeons and thin-skinned internet warlords who take everything way too seriously.  :P