Prize-Winning Show Horse Stolen, Killed and Carved Up for Meat in Florida

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2015, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy

I've had some yesterday in my sandwich.
If they ban horse meat,  only criminals will have horse meat.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on October 27, 2015, 06:47:38 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 06:42:03 PM
Why don't you eat horse meat?

It's icky.
you don't have horse meat in the US?  Strange.  It's being sold in groceries here, it's a lean meat, apparently really good.  Never tasted the stuff myself though.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on October 28, 2015, 03:06:19 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 28, 2015, 09:37:53 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 06:52:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 27, 2015, 06:52:07 PM

Horses are charismatic.

They're stupid as all fuck, I'll give you that.

Well, we don't eat Ohio State fans, either.

I've eaten one...at least one that I know of...

You swore that you'd never mention our night together.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2015, 08:56:20 PM
Is it normal for horses to weigh so much?  That's like two adult male bears.

Pretty much, remember a horse is like a muscle beast. Some breeds weigh even more, a big draft horse like a Clydesdale can weigh over 2,000 pounds.

Josquius

At the office canteen horse steak is one of the standard options. I've yet to try it.
In japan I did once accidentally eat horse sashimi. It was. ... not good
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Tyr on October 31, 2015, 03:20:10 AM
At the office canteen horse steak is one of the standard options. I've yet to try it.
In japan I did once accidentally eat horse sashimi. It was. ... not good

That describes pretty much all land meat sashimi I've tried.  Only meat I can tolerate in sushi/sashimi is chicken tempura.
Experience bij!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: viper37 on October 28, 2015, 01:29:28 PM
Quote from: grumbler on October 27, 2015, 06:47:38 PM

It's icky.
you don't have horse meat in the US?  Strange.  It's being sold in groceries here, it's a lean meat, apparently really good.  Never tasted the stuff myself though.

There are even horse meat butcher shops in France, for instance one in my old neighborhood in Paris. It's gamey compared to beef, according to those who tried, sometimes mistakingly. ;)

Used to be popular among the working class when they could not afford beef, back in the day.

PS: boucherie chevaline is the name, if Viper and other francophones or francophiles are interested.  :P

OttoVonBismarck

That being said the shitty thing here is this horse was extremely valuable and was killed and butchered up by someone who probably sold the meat for a total amount equal to maybe 1/1000th of what the horse cost.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 31, 2015, 09:35:22 AM
That being said the shitty thing here is this horse was extremely valuable and was killed and butchered up by someone who probably sold the meat for a total amount equal to maybe 1/1000th of what the horse cost.

Something is very suspicious about this whole story.  How could anyone know that the horse had been brought to that stable the day before?

As you say, the insurance collection on the horse will be substantial.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!