2015-2016 NCAA Basketball - PDH Forgets Football

Started by PDH, October 27, 2015, 07:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

The funniest thing about MSU's loss was all the floor slapping.  It's always been a jerk thing to do, but doing it in a game you never led, while being upset by a 15th-seed...  Sparty gotta spart.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on March 18, 2016, 10:28:38 PM
The funniest thing about MSU's loss was all the floor slapping.  It's always been a jerk thing to do, but doing it in a game you never led, while being upset by a 15th-seed...  Sparty gotta spart.

Wow, your team exits in the first round after blowing a double digit lead to a mediocre Notre Dame team, and you are posting about Sparty? At the end of the day, Sparty finished 2nd in the Big Ten regular season, beat you guys, and won the big ten tournament. So yeah, they went down in the first round just like Michigan, but at least they are going to be hanging a banner for the season.

They have also won 7 of the last 8 in football. The rising senior class of Michigan has never beaten Sparty.

Seems like they have worked their way into your head.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 18, 2016, 11:24:17 PM
Doh!

Sometimes I get the feeling nothing good will happen to Texas ever again :lol:

Ah well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2016, 12:12:17 AM

Ah well.

Baseball team seems like it sucks too now.  Ugh.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 19, 2016, 04:38:18 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2016, 12:12:17 AM

Ah well.

Baseball team seems like it sucks too now.  Ugh.

It has been like this ever since 2010. Augie has lost it. At least they had that run in 2014. As a yuge UT baseball fan it has been rough. The crowds keep getting smaller and mediocrity is setting in hard. It is almost like the second after Colt McCoy went down the whole University has been cursed.

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on March 18, 2016, 11:53:09 PM
Wow, your team exits in the first round after blowing a double digit lead to a mediocre Notre Dame team, and you are posting about Sparty? At the end of the day, Sparty finished 2nd in the Big Ten regular season, beat you guys, and won the big ten tournament. So yeah, they went down in the first round just like Michigan, but at least they are going to be hanging a banner for the season.

They have also won 7 of the last 8 in football. The rising senior class of Michigan has never beaten Sparty.

Seems like they have worked their way into your head.

Seems like none of this has to do with Sparty's floor-slapping. Seems like I've worked my way into your head and am living there rent-free.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

sbr

Quote from: PDH on March 20, 2016, 02:52:05 PM
I had Utah as my sleeper Final 4 pick  :(

The committee seems to have loved the Pac-12, but they were complete crap so far.  Hopefully Oregon can carry the banner at least into next weekend.

citizen k

sbr

sbr

That was a fun second half, probably mostly because the good guys won.

That is the first time I have seen the Ducks play all season, though it is also probably also the first time I have watched any college team play this season.

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on March 18, 2016, 08:43:46 PM
Jesus Spicey...

Bloodbath.  Thankfully in my money bracket I hedged.  Naturally I'd trade bracket success/money for WVU wins, but failing that at least I have a rooting interest in the rest of the games.

But man, I was so pissed Friday night I was shaking.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall