2015-2016 NCAA Basketball - PDH Forgets Football

Started by PDH, October 27, 2015, 07:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

The better team won last night. Arizona is a good team, but not great. Which is too bad, because I think they have the pieces to be great, they just don't have the mentality for it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Capetan Mihali

I just took my bimonthly look at Facebook, and I'm being informed by old acquaintances that the glorious U of Conn. and its original Huskies (vs. fake U of Wash. Husky Dawgsz :yawn:) are kicking ass and taking names...bubblegum chewing on court has also been reported on social media...any truth to this?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

Correct. They are hot precisely when you would want them to be hot. I may put them in my Sweet 16 or even Elite 8 depending on matchups.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Oregon got a #1 seed.  Why do we need to pretend that west coast college basketball is really a thing??

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2016, 05:10:12 PM
Oregon got a #1 seed.  Why do we need to pretend that west coast college basketball is really a thing??

We have to be inclusive.

derspiess

Field is set.  You mooks get over last year's hangups and join the Languish pool.

PDH

For the uninitiated - what is the name and pw?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Northern Iowa will not know what hit them!

Actually anybody know anything about Northern Iowa? They don't have enormous size do they?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on March 13, 2016, 06:50:57 PM

Actually anybody know anything about Northern Iowa? They don't have enormous size do they?

They beat Wyoming last year in the opening round :(
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

Nothing to worry about.  I mean, they beat UNC but I wouldn't lose sleep over it :P

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2016, 07:18:36 PM

Nothing to worry about.  I mean, they beat UNC but I wouldn't lose sleep over it :P

Well who hasn't? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Yew-Kayy fans are complaining about being in a tough bracket.  I feel sooo bad for them.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2016, 05:10:12 PM

People were getting excited about the University of Washington basketball team a little while back. I don't know if that's because they're actually competitive or just a consolation prize for the football season...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on March 13, 2016, 06:25:47 PM
For the uninitiated - what is the name and pw?

I think we need El Guapo to create it.