2015-2016 NCAA Basketball - PDH Forgets Football

Started by PDH, October 27, 2015, 07:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Right, time to kick this one off.  Wyoming has their first exhibition on the 7th.  I went to a practice and I am amazed that even though I am no older the players are younger each year.

After a conference tournament title last year there will be a drop off, but somehow the Pokes are getting talent to come to Laramie.  Maybe it is the wonderful January weather.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

First game is against the fightin' Katmais. Should be fun.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 08:03:47 AM
Too early?

Yeah seems like 18,000 years is too far in advance of the season to start the thread. Really not sure what the lineups are going to look like.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 27, 2015, 05:43:38 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 27, 2015, 08:03:47 AM
Too early?

Yeah seems like 18,000 years is too far in advance of the season to start the thread. Really not sure what the lineups are going to look like.

That is a lot of time for genetic tinkering. :yes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on October 27, 2015, 05:36:25 PM
Aren't they playing in like China or something?

And no idea what to expect with 7 freshman on the team and only one returning starter.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Yep. Shanghai if Mono wants to attend. I guess for all those Texas and Washington Alums living in Shanghai.

I have even less of an idea what to expect. I was so anti-Barnes at the end I barely watched the team last year so I hardly know the team and then they have a new coach so...yeah.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on October 27, 2015, 05:36:25 PM
Time for rematch of that barn burner  from oh so long ago!

Berkut

Uggh, Arizona does not play anyone until they run up against Gonzaga.

Gonzaga should just join the Pac-12 for basketball already. They play nearly every single Pac-12 school anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on November 25, 2015, 10:54:41 PM
Uggh, Arizona does not play anyone until they run up against Gonzaga.

Gonzaga should just join the Pac-12 for basketball already. They play nearly every single Pac-12 school anyway.

Yeah just beat Huskies this afternoon 80-64.

Berkut

I wouldn't bet a nickel on Arizona beating them at the Zags home, quite honestly.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Hoyas played both #3 Maryland and #5 Duke down to the wire.

Valmy

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14351240

So this happened today :punk:

This season has just been so glorious...no Rick Barnes so no boring slogging Basketball anymore :cool:

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2015, 10:09:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14351240

So this happened today :punk:

This season has just been so glorious...no Rick Barnes so no boring slogging Basketball anymore :cool:

I'm glad Michigan played Texas early in the season.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!