News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2015, 02:45:50 PM
You can trick a zombie with makeup?  I thought they operated on smell or something like that.

Early in the shows (first season maybe) when we first meet Michone (when she rescued Andrea) she traveled with two zombies she pulled along with chains. They had their arms and lower jaws ripped off as apparently when they can't eat they become docile, don't attack and aren't really dangerous. Later in the series someone else briefly did the same thing, I forget who. If I remember right, Michone would later say that those two were her ex-husband and his friend or something, and that they had failed her in some way, maybe ran off and didn't protect her baby from walkers. When they died and turned she used them as walker shields. Not sure how they died, I assume they got sick, don't think or know if Michone killed them.

Tonitrus

Josephus

There were a couple times in that tunnel, Maggie's English accent really came to the fore. She's done a good job of hiding it up to this point, but if you listen you'll really notice it in this episode.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on November 09, 2015, 06:35:05 AM
There were a couple times in that tunnel, Maggie's English accent really came to the fore. She's done a good job of hiding it up to this point, but if you listen you'll really notice it in this episode.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  Also, a bit of a let down to see Rick simply running down the road without any explanation of how he got that far.

viper37

Next week we will learn if Daryl&co all survive the trip.  We will see if Michonne gets back in town, maybe.  Then we will go back to Alexandria to see these walls buckle under the massive weight of all those walkers.  Then the black sniper girl in the tower will valiantly snipe a hundred walkers until they swarm the base of that tower and make it crash on the ground killing her shortly after.

Also, about Glenn, getting himself splattered by Nicholas blood would not do much to protect him from the zombies.  You need zombie blood, but Nicholas was still human, he hadn't turn yet.

Oh, and why do they insist on using small knives instead of long spears?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

lustindarkness

It was an OK episode. Two things that bothered me:
1) Why would Rick lead that horde to the community? (other than it was in the script). 2) No Carol in this episode :(.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Josephus

I don't think he led them there. They were heading there, he was running from them.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 09, 2015, 10:13:52 AM
It was an OK episode. Two things that bothered me:
1) Why would Rick lead that horde to the community? (other than it was in the script). 2) No Carol in this episode :(.
#1, as seen in the episode where rick is trapped in his truck with a horde of walkers coming at him, they were directly heading for Alexandria.  At this point, there is nothing a guy running can do to divert them from anywhere.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Interestingly, to me, the father in law of the actor who plays Rick is this guy:

viper37

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

viper37

ah ok, the guys who won a metal of the year award instead of Metallica so many years ago.  Got it, thanks :)

Josquius

Sewer zombies were interesting, how rotten they were....
Which leads to a thought- surely the brain will be one of the earlier parts to go?
So...the knife through the head to kill them thing....its some kind of magical mumbo jumbo rather than destroy the brain (which when you think about it never really made sense- a knife anywhere in the head does it, not a specific part...)
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on November 09, 2015, 04:13:59 PM
Sewer zombies were interesting, how rotten they were....
Which leads to a thought- surely the brain will be one of the earlier parts to go?
So...the knife through the head to kill them thing....its some kind of magical mumbo jumbo rather than destroy the brain (which when you think about it never really made sense- a knife anywhere in the head does it, not a specific part...)
I think it's been established in zombie lore since... Night of the living dead, maybe? That you need to destroy the brain to kill a zombie.
And apparently, "destroy the brain" means piercing it anywhere or smashing it.  So, anything that pierces the brain anywhere will do.

Why?  I don't know.

Which part of the body should decompose first in a sewer, the brain or the heart, I don't know.

Also, I do not know how a virus that kills the host could maintain control over the entire body by simply residing in the brain, and how it could actively nourrish itself by being isolated from all other parts of the body.