News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Somebody somewhere claimed the zombies in Walking Dead are a metaphor to life in general: it is not that hard to avoid or overcome the difficulties presented, but they are ever-present, and one day you will let your guard down, or run out of luck, and you are fucked.

Solmyr

Quote from: Phillip V on October 26, 2015, 10:22:34 PM
Show is racist if the only Asian dies.

Every black dude on the show so far has died.

Grey Fox

There are atleast 2 alive right now that we know their name. Crazy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on October 27, 2015, 03:02:40 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 26, 2015, 10:11:03 PM
I dunno...it seems that when zombies successfully eat someone, there isn't much left to become a zombie.

This zombie virus is ultimately self-defeating.
Zombies are shit.
Most of the time they don't successfully overwhelm and eat someone, they just manage to bite them before they get away.

Though yes. Traditional zombies stand little chance of overthrowing civilization even with people collectively acting dumb.
It seems likely that in the walking dead world it's just the us like that. Sean of the Dead is set in the same universe. :p
basically, get out of the big cities, build in the desert or mountains, clear trees to get a clear line of vision and build high walls.  Organize supply raids in groups, extend walls as needed to build farms and cultivate your own food, kill zombies as they appear.
But, as we learn, the real dangers ain't the zombies, it's what the people do once there's no authority.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

KRonn

But, as we learn, the real dangers ain't the zombies, it's what the people do once there's no authority.

Yep, that seems the biggest factor. The walkers/zombies, though deadly, are often more like a side issue or nuisance to work around, except of course when they herd up.

Grey Fox

but the latest episode also shows that giving the right circumstances Zombies are a real threat.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 27, 2015, 10:36:01 AM
but the latest episode also shows that giving the right circumstances Zombies are a real threat.

Sure, the world can be a dangerous place from time to time but that is the exception rather than the rule.  Like Tamas said, a number of observers have commented that the zombie apocalypse is a good metaphor for all the dangers we face.  Sometimes Life Bites.  :D but most of the time the danger is in the background.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Josephus

Quote from: Scipio on October 27, 2015, 11:13:58 AM
When will they finally kill Carl?

But Carl's the future of mankind. they can't kill him.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Quote from: Scipio on October 27, 2015, 11:13:58 AM
When will they finally kill Carl?

Rick, Carl & imo, Darryl will make it to the end of the series.

I don't get Carl hate. He's the only child that understand that the world has changed.

KRonn

I like Carl. The kid has come a long way, progressed from a young kid into a strong and competent youngster in tough times.
It's kind of scary though wondering who will be on the chopping block to get killed off. 

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 27, 2015, 10:36:01 AM
the zombies became a threat because humans attacked other humans and that made a lot of noise.  Without it, the zombies would have been herded peacefully far away from Alexandria.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

Josephus

interesting, but I don't see the video they're talking about that purports to show picture of Glenn in future episode.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011