News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on March 25, 2019, 11:29:04 AM
REally the only characters I'm vested in are CArol and Daryll.

Same.  i want to see bad ass Carol back though.  Domestic bliss does not fit too well with her story arc.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 25, 2019, 01:57:41 PM
Quote from: Josephus on March 25, 2019, 11:29:04 AM
REally the only characters I'm vested in are CArol and Daryll.

Same.  i want to see bad ass Carol back though.  Domestic bliss does not fit too well with her story arc.
she did put a few guys on fire in the first episode of this season.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Yeah she put a few guys on fire cause they threatened her son. Imagine what she's gonna do now ...
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on March 26, 2019, 06:36:54 AM
Yeah she put a few guys on fire cause they threatened her son. Imagine what she's gonna do now ...
according to the preview, they will finally have a winter and will move into the bad guys territory.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Josephus

Quote from: Zoupa on March 27, 2019, 01:39:51 PM
Felt bad for Enid. JSS  :(

yeah she was the only character i'll miss; but they've been using her very sparingly of late.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

seems there wasn't much thought placed on who was going to die.
https://www.thisisinsider.com/the-walking-dead-katelyn-nacon-interview-2019-3
I think this is gonna be my last season.

Josephus

Aaaaargh....this show has become irritating.

I've said this before. The writers introduced a thing several seasons ago where covering yourself in some zombie blood can act as a deterrent to zombie bites...kinda like mosquito repellant.

The characters know this. But often refuse to consider this.

If I'm trapped in a cave with a million zombies, and am looking for a way out. First thing to do. Put on some zombie blood. Will make the whole experience easier.

Also, [spoiler]they killed off only two remaining eye candies.[/spoiler]
Civis Romanus Sum

viper37

this is used to be a very busy thread every Sunday nights...  Oh how the mighty have fallen...

So, Maggie's dead?  Or she never came back?

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on February 25, 2020, 04:10:14 PM
this is used to be a very busy thread every Sunday nights...  Oh how the mighty have fallen...

So, Maggie's dead?  Or she never came back?

It was a great show. It has fallen fast and quickly.

We no longer care about the characters. When Glen and Abraham died we drowned in our sorrows. Now we don't care. The core of the cast is gone. Only Daryl and Carol remain from the originals. (Daryl wasn't even an original). Michone is allegedly leaving this year too. We got introduced to a whole bunch of new characters...but none seem interesting. At end of previous season when a whole bunch of them got their heads spiked, I was like "who were they again?"

They move from one BadAss guy to another. Governor, Neegan, Alpha, but all seem carbon copies of the other, with slight modifications.

It's run its course

Civis Romanus Sum

crazy canuck

Neegan actually made the case to Alpha that he had been just like her.  I caught that scene while flicking through the episode to see if there was anything interesting.  Nope.  They killed off the two that had the potential of becoming interesting characters.  Even Daryl and Carol have become bland.  I don't even know the names of most of the characters on the show now - not the actors' names, the characters' names.

Josephus

well...looks like the final episode is still in editing phase and won't be completed. So the season won't end for a while. Also, April spinoff has been delayed.
Civis Romanus Sum