News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

DC3 : Barbarossa under beta

Started by Drakken, October 25, 2015, 09:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I am sorry Drakken, new turn is unlikely before Monday but then I will get back to England and proper speed, too

Tamas

Drakken, when I will finally get around making my move (these are turbulent times) I will apply the latest beta 1.02f beforehand. Developer confirmed to me it wouldn't break anything, and it will be the official update fairly soon.

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on January 07, 2016, 03:42:51 PM
Drakken, when I will finally get around making my move (these are turbulent times) I will apply the latest beta 1.02f beforehand. Developer confirmed to me it wouldn't break anything, and it will be the official update fairly soon.

Understood. I already have two installations of the game on my PC; one with the 1.01 for our game, and an other with the 1.02F beta patch for my other PBEM games.

Drakken

From another PBEM I'm currently playing as the Germans. Admire the masterpiece. :showoff:

No less than 4 armies and 29 Soviet Divisions are expected to be pocketed next turn in the battle of Proskurov - if Kirponos, Ponedelin, Cherevichenko or Kostenko don't manage to fully activate, that is. Obviously my gallant opponent has sent Khruchschev down in the south, some of those have real scary boosted Initiative ratings and not much in Threat level.

Sadly 1st Panzergruppe ran short of APs before reaching Vinnitsa, and I don't want to push my Romanian Armored Division too far ahead without Infantry support. Besides, that river blocks it from advancing further. Next turn, however, the 9th Soviet Army HQ is blown away if it still stands in my way across the river.

Someone is watching the developing situation with gleeful interest...  :menace:

jimmy olsen

The Soviets lost a similar amount of men in the Kiev pocket and still won.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

How is the game when playing against the AI?

Also, well done Drakken.  Let us know how that other game develops. :)

Drakken

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 09, 2016, 07:04:24 AM
The Soviets lost a similar amount of men in the Kiev pocket and still won.

They had to divert a whole Panzergruppe south around Kiev, losing weeks of precious time on the Southern flank.

With one Panzergruppe linking up with Eleventh Army, in coordination with 1st Romanian Armored Division and Third Romanian Army, I keep my options in the Center where I prepare a major offensive. Fourth Romanian Army is besieging Odessa in the South.

One Soviet Army activated and managed to escape the Proskurov salient, but I managed to pocket 20 Divisions and 3 Army HQs, including Ninth who was dislocated, Twelfth and Southwestern Armies. I broke 2 or 3 Divisions in the process, so I estimate that if the pocket holds the Soviet losses will net 23 Divisions and 3 HQs.

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 09, 2016, 10:59:24 AM
How is the game when playing against the AI?

Also, well done Drakken.  Let us know how that other game develops. :)

I haven't really played against the AI, so I cannot comment. What I can say is that the designers are supporting the game with the mindset that most players will be playing against the computer.

Drakken

Well I'll be damned... he managed to break out! :blush:

And I have no fuel, and I cannot resupply by air, and it's frigging mud in the South and Center in end of July!  :yucky:

Tamas

I have updated to 1.02g, Drakken

Drakken

Updated as well.

I should be playing out my turn tonight.

Berkut

If I win the powerball tonight, I might go ahead and buy this.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Good, after you buy the company give Tamas a raise.

Valmy

Tamas will not need one in that case  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on January 13, 2016, 02:49:53 PM
Tamas will not need one in that case  :P

Berkut is buying the ticket  :contract: