News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

DC3 : Barbarossa under beta

Started by Drakken, October 25, 2015, 09:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Tamas on December 22, 2015, 03:42:30 AM

Some of those are fixes, actually, to make it work how it was intended.

Drakken, I am now on my holiday in Hungary so I might become slower to respond (but will send you a turn soon). The patch is supposed to be save compatible, but to make it safe I suggest switching at the start of a full turn, so I will make this move with 1.01 and then we update. Ok?

Sure. I will update to 1.02 beta patch after you send your turn.

There seems to be some issue with the German attack power reported on the Matrix forum, though.

Tamas

Yes we should hold off on the beta patch for now

Drakken

I'm not worried, tovarish. I'm fairly confident they will find and address that issue before going on holidays.

However, there's no Christmas truce on the Ostfront.  :shifty:

sbr

Quote from: Drakken on December 09, 2015, 10:56:07 PM
After reading the Options in the manual here is what I propose, if it suits you Tamas :

Normal PBEM (password protected)

Geneva Convention Off
Fog of War On
Historical Settings On (but open to turn it Off, if you wish)
Mild Winter Off
Past History On (I'm not entirely sure what it does, other than Off making all characters neither friendly or hostile to you at the beginning of the game)
The rest (Plots, Decisions) left at On.

A friend and I are getting ready to start a game.

What options did you guys end up using?  Did you leave it like this or turn off Historical Settings?

Drakken

Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2015, 11:53:10 AM

What options did you guys end up using?  Did you leave it like this or turn off Historical Settings?

We turned off Historical Settings. Don't worry, it still allows for a somewhat reasonably historical game.

If you use the beta 1.02 patch let us know how it goes.

sbr

Quote from: Drakken on December 27, 2015, 11:58:41 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2015, 11:53:10 AM

We turned off Historical Settings. Don't worry, it still allows for a somewhat reasonably historical game.

If you use the beta 1.02 patch let us know how it goes.

We were going to use it but then saw Tamas' message to hold off so I think that is what we are going to do.

And thanks for the settings info.

Drakken

We decided to hold off because our game had already started and we weren't sure how it would affect the Germans after June 22nd. If you start with 1.02 you should be fine.

Ancient Demon

I'm starting to really want this game now, but it's a shame it has to end at the first winter. I can understand why they didn't include the whole war, but at least they should have provided 1942 to play with when much was still left to be decided. If limited to 1941 most of the Eastern parts of the map (Stalingrad, etc.) won't even come into play.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

sbr

Is there a way to run this in windowed mode?

What are you using to make screen shots for your AARs?  I normally use Screenshot Capture but it isn't working right now and I'm not in the mood to screw around with it tonight.

Drakken

Quote from: sbr on December 28, 2015, 12:11:46 AM

What are you using to make screen shots for your AARs?  I normally use Screenshot Capture but it isn't working right now and I'm not in the mood to screw around with it tonight.

Not that I know. But no need to as you can easily minimize the game screen above-right from the screen. I simply use Print Screen and paste it in Paint, then I upload it on Imgur.

Finally if you are up for a game with me I'm all for it. Either side I don't mind. :)

sbr

Quote from: Drakken on December 28, 2015, 12:37:04 AM
Quote from: sbr on December 28, 2015, 12:11:46 AM

Not that I know. But no need to as you can easily minimize the game screen above-right from the screen. I simply use Print Screen and paste it in Paint, then I upload it on Imgur.

I like Screenshot Capture because it minimizes the minimizing and pasting into another program, but thanks I will go with that.

QuoteFinally if you are up for a game with me I'm all for it. Either side I don't mind. :)

Maybe sometime, but I am learning while I play this game and writing an AAR for another forum while I also have other Blood Bowl and Dominions commitments that will make another MP game very difficult.  I may take you up on the offer at some point though. :)

Drakken

TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG FROM HERR DRAKKEN X WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS COMRADE TAMAS RR THE WORLD WONDERS

katmai

On holiday in Cambodia....er Hungary.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Drakken

Heard Ukraine was a hot spot for Hungarians these days. :shifty:

I've set up a second installation of the game to test out the beta 1.02 patch. Anyone here is free to challenge me while Comrade Tamas is hiding in his dacha, getting drunk on vodka and ordering marshalls executed left and right.

katmai

I am still getting feet wet in mechanics, so not yet ready to challenge you :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son