Cyberpunk 2077 Is "Far, Far Bigger Than The Witcher 3" Says Dev

Started by Syt, October 24, 2015, 05:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on December 20, 2020, 07:17:02 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2020, 06:53:28 AM
I watched a cop comparison video of Cyberpunk and GTA3. I assume Cyberpunk's handling of cops actually is horrible?

Then again, CP is not GTA, I have only accidentally got involved with the cops so far.

Sure, but they should still be able to do it as well as a game released almost 20 years ago.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Good video by DF about how raytracing enhances the environments in the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bqA8F6B6NQ&ab_channel=DigitalFoundry

It kind of makes me hope some games (Witcher 3, GTA5, modern AssCreeds ...) find a way to add raytracing retroactively, if their engines permit it without recoding them entirely.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I have an RTX 2070, so it can do raytracing, but I wonder if it's fast enough to do it without chugging along...
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

I really want to play this but I'm sick of constant computer updates. Feels wasteful. Think my current one could run it but not at highest res.
Think I'm waiting for a while until its all fully patched then maybe get the ps5 version.... Though the FPS element screams bad idea there.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

I keep seeing this sponsored Tweet by a rival game :lol:
QuoteObserver SR
@ObserverRedux
A raw, dark retro-future thriller that delighted the reviewers and won the hearts of players. Award-winning #cyberpunk story that will not let you down. Jack in and let the Dream Eater break into your mind!
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

Observer is not really in the same (gameplay) genre, though. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

The game looked fine on my old GTX 970 with a mix of low to medium settings. Averages 30 fps.

Got a 1660 Super at MSRP, not at the current massive markups for recent GPUs, and it's running a solid 60 fps with everything on High. Game looks incredible even without ray tracing.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

Quote from: Tyr on December 20, 2020, 10:21:48 AM
I really want to play this but I'm sick of constant computer updates. Feels wasteful. Think my current one could run it but not at highest res.
Think I'm waiting for a while until its all fully patched then maybe get the ps5 version.... Though the FPS element screams bad idea there.

Heh, I'm quite fine with the FPS formula. It's tried and true, and as much as I love the Witcher games (and I do love them) they never quite got combat right.

Plus I'm a big fan of the Borderlands games.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on December 20, 2020, 07:17:02 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2020, 06:53:28 AM
I watched a cop comparison video of Cyberpunk and GTA3. I assume Cyberpunk's handling of cops actually is horrible?

Then again, CP is not GTA, I have only accidentally got involved with the cops so far.

Despite all the glitches I am still playing and enjoying it. You guys should make sure not to concentrate on the Xbox One and PS4 whining - yes they got duped and they are right to get refunds but the game on PC is far from the bugged disaster they are seeing on their obsolete pieces of junk.

PC has its share of quest/graphical bugs and such. Not to mention missing a ton of features that were promised and marketed. :P

I mean, I'm enjoying the story too, but it's something you play once and then never again because every playthrough will be the same.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on December 20, 2020, 11:20:08 AM
Quote from: Tyr on December 20, 2020, 10:21:48 AM

Heh, I'm quite fine with the FPS formula. It's tried and true, and as much as I love the Witcher games (and I do love them) they never quite got combat right.

Plus I'm a big fan of the Borderlands games.

FPS on pc I can usually stand. Only some rare ones that throw me off.
On console though they quite universally make me ill.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

What's the Cyberpunk experience just driving around, or randomly wander about? In Vice City I would sometimes just drive around enjoying the atmosphere.

Solmyr

You can certainly just drive/wander about, and it's very pretty. You just cannot interact with anything.

The Brain

Quote from: Solmyr on December 21, 2020, 05:40:53 AM
You can certainly just drive/wander about, and it's very pretty. You just cannot interact with anything.

I'm an introvert. That's frighteningly realistic.

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on December 21, 2020, 05:13:57 AM
What's the Cyberpunk experience just driving around, or randomly wander about? In Vice City I would sometimes just drive around enjoying the atmosphere.

I spent much more time doing Taxi missions in VC than I did anything else.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on December 21, 2020, 06:45:04 AM
Quote from: The Brain on December 21, 2020, 05:13:57 AM

I spent much more time doing Taxi missions in VC than I did anything else.

Yeah. I was doing a 100 run, zen-like, but just before 100 a freak car-starting-flying-after-touching-the-curb accident ended that. Good times.