Cyberpunk 2077 Is "Far, Far Bigger Than The Witcher 3" Says Dev

Started by Syt, October 24, 2015, 05:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on December 15, 2020, 08:22:03 AM
On the cop spawning issue (with videos):

https://www.pcgamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-cops-are-such-dirty-cheaters-they-dont-even-need-cars-to-catch-you/

That's actually quite bad :lol:

Hugh. The bit about the developers being unable to implement a good enough driving AI, making NPCs cheat instead, is also disappointing.

Definitely waiting for the GOTY version.

Solmyr

I'm not sure some problems in this game can be fixed without a complete rework from the ground up.

Tamas

Maybe I had smaller expectations and/or the console versions are really borked but it sounds like we are playing different games.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on December 15, 2020, 11:15:04 AM
Maybe I had smaller expectations and/or the console versions are really borked but it sounds like we are playing different games.

I definitely had little expectations as I wasn't following the hype machine and pre-release coverage at all. Still gonna wait for a few more patches before giving this a proper go.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on December 15, 2020, 11:15:04 AM

Apparently the game is in a quite sorry state for the now-older consoles (PS4 / XBox One) - they spent more time prioritizing PC and next-gen consoles.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

FunkMonk

I definitely think that some people hyped this game up for themselves too much. It was never going to be a life simulator or redefine the very idea of what a video game could do. That said, there are definitely a lot of flaws in the actual game the company delivered and people asking for their money back is perfectly reasonable. Get your money back and buy the game again in six months after patches and possibly reworked game systems.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2020, 01:59:31 PM
What is it about the penises I'm hearing?

Well, sometimes, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...

Valmy

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 15, 2020, 12:49:43 PM
I definitely think that some people hyped this game up for themselves too much. It was never going to be a life simulator or redefine the very idea of what a video game could do. That said, there are definitely a lot of flaws in the actual game the company delivered and people asking for their money back is perfectly reasonable. Get your money back and buy the game again in six months after patches and possibly reworked game systems.

So basically like every other big game release. People get way too insane about these things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Jim Sterling had a good video this week where he points out that games discourse is largely broken, because there's a loud, vocal group who seek validation through their games and can't handle negative press about things they like. Besides pointing out the toxicity of the discussion he suggested they should find a new hobby as they clearly can't handle video games.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on December 15, 2020, 03:14:13 PM
Jim Sterling had a good video this week where he points out that games discourse is largely broken, because there's a loud, vocal group who seek validation through their games and can't handle negative press about things they like. Besides pointing out the toxicity of the discussion he suggested they should find a new hobby as they clearly can't handle video games.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Using Apu in a meme is super cringe.  It's not 2019 anymore.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2020, 03:46:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2020, 02:02:11 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2020, 01:59:31 PM
What is it about the penises I'm hearing?

Well, sometimes, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...

:wacko:

Okay, for you it starts out "Well sometimes when two hot dudes hook up on Grindr..." :P