Cyberpunk 2077 Is "Far, Far Bigger Than The Witcher 3" Says Dev

Started by Syt, October 24, 2015, 05:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Why does a penis always have to be having sex?

And why would I be on grindr? :yeahright:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2020, 03:54:12 PM

It was a joke. :mellow:  Like you're going to give a little kid the "birds and bees" speech.

And because I thought you were going after the heteronormative nature of my so-called joke, so I thought I'd go as gay as possible...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

I think that's just part of it with games and possibly the minority, I have seen weirder stuff.

The one example that really stands out is the Total War Center community. Those guys seem to play nothing else but Total War games, they min-max the living hell out of it. Yet it seems the rite of passage there to talk shit of the Total War games. If you want to be in line with the community you must be very critical to pretty much any new TW game. And then play the shit out of it.

Or milder things like on Quartertothree it seems a lot of people consider obligatory to hate on Civ6. I have seen the same people criticise one thing in Civ6, then praise the very same thing (I think it was boardgamish minmaxing being too big part of the game) in Old World, a somewhat interesting but ultimately failed 4X by one of the Civ4 creators who visits the forum at times.

In case of Cyberpunk, maybe there are fervent defenders of it but I have yet to encounter them. I have encountered way more emotional investment in dissing it. Yeah there's no hurry to buy it if you can wait, but also, on a decent PC at least, you can have a good time the main and side quests are interesting, and the combat is okay. Better than GTA5 for sure but then again that's not a high bar.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on December 15, 2020, 03:56:31 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 15, 2020, 03:54:12 PM

It was a joke. :mellow:  Like you're going to give a little kid the "birds and bees" speech.

And because I thought you were going after the heteronormative nature of my so-called joke, so I thought I'd go as gay as possible...

I think my work is done here.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on December 15, 2020, 03:57:06 PM
I think that's just part of it with games and possibly the minority, I have seen weirder stuff.

The one example that really stands out is the Total War Center community. Those guys seem to play nothing else but Total War games, they min-max the living hell out of it. Yet it seems the rite of passage there to talk shit of the Total War games. If you want to be in line with the community you must be very critical to pretty much any new TW game. And then play the shit out of it.

Or milder things like on Quartertothree it seems a lot of people consider obligatory to hate on Civ6. I have seen the same people criticise one thing in Civ6, then praise the very same thing (I think it was boardgamish minmaxing being too big part of the game) in Old World, a somewhat interesting but ultimately failed 4X by one of the Civ4 creators who visits the forum at times.

In case of Cyberpunk, maybe there are fervent defenders of it but I have yet to encounter them. I have encountered way more emotional investment in dissing it. Yeah there's no hurry to buy it if you can wait, but also, on a decent PC at least, you can have a good time the main and side quests are interesting, and the combat is okay. Better than GTA5 for sure but then again that's not a high bar.

For cyberpunk just look at the comments section of any review. They be teaming with fans.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Is there a popular discussion forum of experts for holes for women?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Syt

RPS have their review up. Verdict:

QuoteAt this point I feel like I'm just listing stuff in the game, desperate to cover it all. Cyberpunk 2077 is huge, sprawling, complex, and deeply flawed. It's at its best as a fairly straightforward singleplayer action game, with likable characters and thrilling capers in a fascinatingly detailed open world that looks better than any game before it. It's at its worst if you want it to be an RPG, an approach-as-you-please Deus Ex successor, or a polished piece of software. I enjoyed my time with it a lot, and I even want more of it, though I'm going to spend years complaining about its flaws. I'll enjoy the complaining, too.

It reminds me of the Eurojank games of yore, then, but maybe it's fairer to say that it reminds me of the previous games from developers CD Projekt Red. After eight years of one of the most grating marketing campaigns imaginable, Cyberpunk 2077 is here, its ambitions beyond its means. Cyberpunk 2077: Enhanced Edition when?

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/12/16/cyberpunk-2077-review/

It's a long read, but quite good.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Some of the later (I'd imagine I am still mid-game) main missions have been a bit more glitchy than I like, also initial writing seemed to be on par with the Witcher but now definitely leaving me less impressed than I was playing Witcher 3.

Buying on release at full price was definitely a sub-optimal move. By the time this will be 25/50% off it will be n a far better place with less glitches at least. 

Caliga

Are there any quests on par with the one with the Baron's kid in Witcher 3?  That was like one of the best RPG quests of all time, IMO.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

It seems if save games are corrupted if they go beyond 8 MB, which apparently can happen quite easily if you do a lot of crafting, collect materials/items etc. The new patch came out for PC, but I think I might wait for the promised January patch (which will probably arrive in February :P ) to dive in. This feels a bit too risky atm, considering my penchant to explore a lot/go sightseeing and pick up way too much crap.

Meanwhile, it seems some investors are considering class action suits:

https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-may-face-class-action-lawsuits-over-cyberpunk-2077/
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

I watched a cop comparison video of Cyberpunk and GTA3. I assume Cyberpunk's handling of cops actually is horrible?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2020, 06:53:28 AM
I watched a cop comparison video of Cyberpunk and GTA3. I assume Cyberpunk's handling of cops actually is horrible?

Then again, CP is not GTA, I have only accidentally got involved with the cops so far.

Despite all the glitches I am still playing and enjoying it. You guys should make sure not to concentrate on the Xbox One and PS4 whining - yes they got duped and they are right to get refunds but the game on PC is far from the bugged disaster they are seeing on their obsolete pieces of junk.