Cyberpunk 2077 Is "Far, Far Bigger Than The Witcher 3" Says Dev

Started by Syt, October 24, 2015, 05:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I should be able to run it fine (RTX 2070) from what I'm hearing, but I'm still waiting at least until some patches come out.  I have plenty of other games to play to keep me occupied till then.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Legbiter

Playing this now. Doing a corpo run, going for a "Hans, are we the baddies?" redemptive perspective if possible.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Syt

Didn't get to play yesterday because I was dead tired.

However, on German subreddit, someone pointed out that Night City is using German manhole covers. :lol:

(The DIN-# is the German version of ISO)

And, because it's Reddit, someone quickly pointed out that this is the wrong manhole cover to use (B125), because it's only rated for up to 12.5 tons and may only be used in sidewalks. Roads require D400 covers that can carry 40 tons. :lol: :nerd:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Quote from: garbon on December 08, 2020, 03:58:25 AM
I don't think I'll be likely to get it as over time, I've noticed an increasing tendency for me to feel motion sick with first person games. -_-

I noticed the same about ten years ago. Turns out devs were narrowing the Field of View. Widening it works for me.

The Brain

Quote from: Syt on December 11, 2020, 05:39:43 AM
And, because it's Reddit, someone quickly pointed out that this is the wrong manhole cover to use (B125), because it's only rated for up to 12.5 tons and may only be used in sidewalks. Roads require D400 covers that can carry 40 tons. :lol: :nerd:

In 2077 that's only illegal if you get cock.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

New hotfix:

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37043/hotfix-1-04

QuoteNew hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:

Quests
Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
Fixed the objective "Go into booth 9" not completing if the room's entered too fast in Automatic Love.
Fixed Jackie's issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
Other quest fixes

Gameplay
Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual
Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability
Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific
Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

Console-specific
Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
Fixed "The Wasteland" achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

FunkMonk

The game's already recouped all its development and marketing costs in pre-order sales so expect to see a ton more content and support for this game and hell I'm excited.

QuoteSubject: Information regarding the estimated return on the Company's investments related to
development and promotion of Cyberpunk 2077
Legal basis: Art. 17 section 1 of the Market Abuse Regulation – inside information
The Management Board of CD PROJEKT S.A. with a registered office in Warsaw
(hereinafter referred to as "the Company") hereby announces that the estimated licensing
royalties receivable by the Company in association with pre-order sales of Cyberpunk 2077
across all of its digital distribution channels have exceeded the sum of the following:
- total development expenditures related to the game, and
- the game's marketing and promotional costs borne by the Company - either already incurred
or anticipated for the remainder of 2020.
The Management Board has decided to disclose the above information in the form of a
current report due to its potential impact on investment-related decisions.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Quote from: Berkut on December 11, 2020, 08:32:32 PM
Someone let me know when it goes on sale.

That's probably the best move. By then most of these bugs will have been patched, some more content released, and a ton of mods will have been developed.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I liked the article, even if it paints IMHO a bit of a too rosy picture of the times before the internet, but the mindset holds true; me and friends certainly looked at scores of games in magazines and compared their takes.

Overall, I think people like to confirm their biases, and avoid things that challenge their views. Hence why many people drift into their "news bubbles". Games media has it even worse, I think, because of their tendency to hand out scores*. TotalBiscuit had it right when he mentioned that a lot of vocal gamers now don't look for proper reviews of games, but rather want their opinion validated. And if a review doesn't agree with their view that something is the best (or worst) then they attack the reviewers because they feel personally attacked in their views. Which is stupid of course.

I recall Jim Sterling got caught in a shitstorm because he rated Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 7/10 instead of the 12/10 that some thought it merited. Problem with review scores is that they often don't mean anything without context - how does the site grade games, generally - generously or harshly? What is the background of the reviewer? What kind of games do they like and don't like? Is it a specialized website covering one genre only as opposed to a general audience site? Etc.

That isn't to say a reviewer can't get it wrong. There's plenty movies that reviewed poorly at launch and later got reevaluated.

That's why I think it's often not useful to look at scores on sites you're not familiar with, and rather to read the article and see what the reviewer has to say. I'm a big fan of TB's call to abolish scores, but of course that will never happen. Scores make a show of objectivity in an area of subjective opinion.

*Those scores are often inflated - as he writes, a game under 70% on most pages will easily be ignored; I find PC Gamer works somewhat against that score inflation, an 80+% score is very good, and something in the 70s is still a well recommended title
—Stephen Jay Gould

Razgovory

Game reviews is a pretty lousy business.  I remember Jake complaining about it.  It's not as bad as it used to be, like when Gamespot fired someone because they gave a game a bad review, but still...

Unfortunately user reviews are mostly rubbish.  Someone gives a game a 1/10 because the newest patch nerfed elves or whatever.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

The Brain

Probably just a coincidence. Not everything is a conspiracy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.