News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Move over, pet rock - here's the Element Cube!

Started by Syt, October 23, 2015, 03:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1536286486/the-element-cube-62-elements-1-cube

QuoteA metal cube consisting of every collectible element. Also available as jewellery. A testament to science!

The Element Cube is the ultimate conversation starter. Containing over 60 elements, in one compact cube, it's the perfect centrepiece for your office desk or coffee table.

Whether you're a science geek, a metal freak, or just a collector of really awesome things, this record-breaking cube is perfect for you. From Aluminium to Zirconium, the cube has it ALL.

Many of the world's finest minds devoted their lives to unearthing new elements. The cube brings all of their greatest findings together, to act as a constant source of inspiration for all who choose to own one.

Over half of the very building blocks that make up our planet, in the palm of your hand.

Why buy an Element Cube?

- You'd like to collect Element samples but it costs thousands.
- You'd prefer to have a minimalist cube you can proudly display, than a messy set.
- You want 62 Elements now, rather than waiting decades to build a collection.
- To be one of the first people on earth to own this world record.
- It's the ultimate conversation starter.
- It's a testament to scientific discovery.
- You need some killer desk candy.
- You're a creative person seeking a source of inspiration.

The origin of the idea came from wondering, "What's the coolest thing I could put on my desk?". The result was a cube that contained over half of the world's elements.

- Matches Apple products beautifully  :lol:
- The perfect size for your office or home (2" x 2")
- Simple in design, yet complex in nature
- The centrepiece for any collection
- The focal point for any space
- Fully scratch resistant
- Will last a lifetime

A World Record!

The Element Cube really is the first of its kind. Containing over 60 metals in one cube, this is truly the largest alloy in the world.

We would love to see this go down in the books as the most fascinating cube on Earth, and as we speak, the good people over at Guiness are learning about the cube themselves!

Clearly, this is the most metal of all cubes. :punk:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

No Uranium, Plutonium or even Arsenic? What a gyp.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

I demand that my featureless element cube contain more elements!  :mad:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

frunk

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Admiral Yi

Can someone who knows chemistry/physics explain if the makers of this cube are playing off some clever joke?  Way more than 62 elements, no?

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 24, 2015, 02:11:15 AM
Can someone who knows chemistry/physics explain if the makers of this cube are playing off some clever joke?  Way more than 62 elements, no?

They try to put as many metals in there as possible to create the world's biggest alloy. Some metals are excluded, like Uranium mentioned above.
—Stephen Jay Gould