Police shoot man after 'sword attack' at Swedish school

Started by Syt, October 22, 2015, 04:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34602621

QuotePolice shoot man after 'sword attack' at Swedish school

A masked man with a sword has been shot by police at a school in Sweden after injuring an adult and four students, according to reports.

The condition of the attacker is not known.

Police told the Swedish news agency TT that there was "considerable confusion" at the school, in the western city of Trollhattan.

"We have a number of people injured," said Stefan Gustafsson from the regional police force.

Mr Gustafsson confirmed that officers had shot a man on the premises.

"His conditon is unknown," he said.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

HisMajestyBOB

If only he had had a gun, then you could be saying "If only the teachers and students had guns" right now.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Malthus

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 22, 2015, 07:37:19 AM
If only he had had a gun, then you could be saying "If only the teachers and students had guns" right now.

He had a sword, so what is needed is Vikings as guards. Obviously.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Richard Hakluyt

grumbler

:(  Let's keep politics out of this for a day or so as a gesture of respect for the dead, mkay?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

Quote from: grumbler on October 22, 2015, 09:49:42 AM
:(  Let's keep politics out of this for a day or so as a gesture of respect for the dead, mkay?

Jacob

Current reports say that the perpetrator was white with racist/ xenophobic leanings and the victims were dark skinned. If true, it seems there's a political component to the attacks.

Recent news also say the attacker died in hospital.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on October 22, 2015, 11:40:27 AM

Current reports say that the perpetrator was white with racist/ xenophobic leanings and the victims were dark skinned. If true, it seems there's a political component to the attacks.

Recent news also say the attacker died in hospital.

I think we can talk about who these people were and why the murderer murdered without getting into gun laws and the NRA and the like.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

lustindarkness

Has languish ever been able to behave itself like that for a whole day?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

QuoteTrollhattan.

Probably just an innocent troll hunter out doing his job. Stupid police brutality.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

lustindarkness

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 22, 2015, 04:09:24 PM

QuoteTrollhattan.

Probably just an innocent troll hunter out doing his job. Stupid police brutality.

Isn't there a movie named Troll Hunter? I think I may have seen that title somewhere (netflix maybe?).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Holy crap this was a twisted individual. Kids thought he was in costume for halloween, with a mask, helmet and sword, so kids asked to take picures with him, and he did! Then after a few pics he went on his rampage.  :mad: :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

I'm wondering if all these mass attacks are just the new cool way to commit suicide.