Is any of your relatives a famous/known/notorious person?

Started by Pedrito, October 13, 2015, 02:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on October 14, 2015, 03:25:24 PM
Your Aunt-in-law's sister's husband? Close enough I say.

I know I would make sure to attend every family reunion with that branch  :P

Yes, if there ever is one.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Nobody in immediate family of notoriety.
Distant cousin on mother side was nfl QB who spent most of career as backup, but Holds record for leading biggest comeback in playoff game in game he started.

Dads side there is former PGA rookie of year and distant cousin is actress Eva Longoria.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Ah, yes, apparently, I am related to a guy famous for his Elvis impersonations.  Forgot his name though.  Related through my paternal grandmother's side, son of one of her cousin, I think.  Grey Fox might now of him, he's got some ads on tv and his shows are apparently popular.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2015, 09:52:38 PM
Well hell if we are going that far back I descended from Henry VII as well as the Patrick Stewart 'The Bastard of Orkney' the guy who inspired Ramsay Bolton for George RR Martin.
Yeah I don't think it's 'fair' to go that far back.  If so, almost everyone here who has any English ancestry is a direct descendant of the Plantagenets.

I don't think I have any close relatives who are 'famous'.  I am distantly related to a couple of Pennsylvania Dutch notables like Dwight Eisenhower and Milton Hershey.  Princesca is fairly closely related to Jim Beam on one side of her family, and Johnny Cash on the other.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

dps

Quote from: katmai on October 14, 2015, 04:58:52 PM

Distant cousin on mother side was nfl QB who spent most of career as backup, but Holds record for leading biggest comeback in playoff game in game he started.

Frank Reich, correct?

Archy

katmai

Quote from: dps on October 14, 2015, 07:47:20 PM

Frank Reich, correct?
yes sir.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Maladict

My grandfather once commissioned someone to design a family coat of arms. He traced the family back to the 15th century looking for inspiration but didn't find anyone that ever did anything remotely interesting. The matter was then quietly dropped.

Syt

Frank Reich, correct?

:lol: (Frankreich being German for France)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

My maternal great great uncle was the former President of the Mormon Church.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Frank Reich, correct?

It would be better if he was related to Wilhelm Reich.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on October 14, 2015, 07:40:15 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2015, 09:52:38 PM
Well hell if we are going that far back I descended from Henry VII as well as the Patrick Stewart 'The Bastard of Orkney' the guy who inspired Ramsay Bolton for George RR Martin.
Yeah I don't think it's 'fair' to go that far back.  If so, almost everyone here who has any English ancestry is a direct descendant of the Plantagenets.

I don't think I have any close relatives who are 'famous'.  I am distantly related to a couple of Pennsylvania Dutch notables like Dwight Eisenhower and Milton Hershey.  Princesca is fairly closely related to Jim Beam on one side of her family, and Johnny Cash on the other.

I just drop the Robert the Bruce thing because it's interesting, and my great-grandmother actually went to Scotland and used the headstones and a ton of primary sources to trace back how we're related.  That family tree is enormous, and knowing my great-grandmother's penchant for history (she was a higher-up in the Pennsylvania Historical Society), that tree is probably a lot less error-prone than other family trees of that size.

JP Morgan is pretty much the butt of family jokes.  He was the uncle (IIRC) of my great-great grandmother, and went complete douchebag and refused to talk to the less wealthy side of the family.
Experience bij!

MadImmortalMan

Oh. The car in this picture belongs to my great grandfather.  :lol:

Yeah, same side of the family as the Jesse James thing. Grandma wouldn't let us talk about either one.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Malthus

Was he the Imperial Grand Wizard or something of that sort?  :hmm:

[I love those insane sounding KKK titles  :D]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius