Main Menu

I think I'm in love...

Started by viper37, October 13, 2015, 08:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Check out those curves!   :lol:
http://www.ncix.com/article/SOC-Champion.htm

amazing PC.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

She still looks rather boxy...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

This is my unattainable love...  :(

Monoriu

The computer is a functional item to me.  How it looks is not relevant. 

Grey Fox

Its transportation factor should probably be.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 14, 2015, 07:12:52 AM

:face:

Tell us again how you repeatedly failed to realize there was a lift near your computer repair shop, Mono? :P

Also, yes the computer is a functional item.  So you should be into the case Toni posted, since it fulfills the function and cuts out the extra space taken up to make a full box. :contract:
Experience bij!

Monoriu

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 15, 2015, 07:40:25 AM

Tell us again how you repeatedly failed to realize there was a lift near your computer repair shop, Mono? :P

Also, yes the computer is a functional item.  So you should be into the case Toni posted, since it fulfills the function and cuts out the extra space taken up to make a full box. :contract:

Well, the lift was for goods transportation, sort of like a staff only lift  :blush:

Tonitrus

Except that this is Mono, and the case I mentioned costs a bit over $1k.  :P

Though there are cheaper clones.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Tonitrus

It looked to me to be inspired/ripped-off from this modular case idea (which never came to fruition itself):

But I think the modular computer case idea (vs. the generic box) is long overdue, and could be fantastic for user-friendliness, if done right.  The limitation for true modular-ness, though, would be that most hardware manufacturers would have to get on board to make it come together/be compatible.

Just being able to easily plug/swap in-and-out the major hardware components seems like one of those ideas that are too good to ever really happen.

Eddie Teach

I'm not sure how he could put that space to use.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

How is a case like that supposed to be cooled?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

I refuse to consider a case that costs US$1k.  This is totally outside the purchase possibility curve. 

Josquius

I'm with mono.
When the on button on my case broke I spent a year turning my computer on by jumping the mother board. It worked just fine. I don't need no fancy pants case.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on October 19, 2015, 05:25:34 AM
I'm with mono.
When the on button on my case broke I spent a year turning my computer on by jumping the mother board. It worked just fine. I don't need no fancy pants case.

There's a world of difference between spending $1000 on a case, and having to jump your motherboard to strat your computer.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.