US boy, 11, held for shooting dead eight-year-old neighbour

Started by Syt, October 06, 2015, 09:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

I hope the kids get the day off a couple times a semester for staff and faculty fire arms training.

Of course maybe the staff are not armed. It would be like me posting that home security sign outside my house even though I do not actually have a home security system.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2015, 08:27:52 AM
I hope the kids get the day off a couple times a semester for staff and faculty fire arms training.

:huh: But then the kids miss out on the training.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Make sure your daughter spends several years in prison!

lustindarkness

I need to get a 22, if my daughter tried to shoot my 45, she may have a a permanent reminder on her forehead that a short barreled 45 kicks a bit more.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 12, 2015, 09:45:31 AM
I need to get a 22, if my daughter tried to shoot my 45, she may have a a permanent reminder on her forehead that a short barreled 45 kicks a bit more.

Heh, friend of mine lives part-time in the country, wants to learn to shoot. Asks me 'my dad has this old ten-guage shotgun lying around ... should I start with that?'  :)

Friend stands about 5' tall, weighs in at under 100 pounds ... I suggested she start with a .22.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on October 13, 2015, 09:55:08 AM

Heh, friend of mine lives part-time in the country, wants to learn to shoot. Asks me 'my dad has this old ten-guage shotgun lying around ... should I start with that?'  :)

Friend stands about 5' tall, weighs in at under 100 pounds ... I suggested she start with a .22.

Some years ago I took my son and his friend to shoot, they were like 12 or 13. The friend was barely 100 pounds and insisted he could shoot the Mossberg 12 guage. Almost put him on his ass. He went back to the 22 rifle on the bench after that. :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 13, 2015, 10:03:19 AM
Some years ago I took my son and his friend to shoot, they were like 12 or 13. The friend was barely 100 pounds and insisted he could shoot the Mossberg 12 guage. Almost put him on his ass. He went back to the 22 rifle on the bench after that. :lol:

:D

I could foresee something of the same happening. She isn't exactly all that strong, she is in her mid-40s, and she is very small.

Also, the cost. If all you are doing is target shooting, you have to be pretty wealthy if you want to use large-guage shells. Those things are like two bucks each.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Empty shells are hot. Make sure they don't fall on your feet when you're shooting in flip-flops.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

If the kids are young, try the Henry kids .22. One round capacity.

Taught the twins how to shoot with those.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 13, 2015, 10:03:19 AM
Quote from: Malthus on October 13, 2015, 09:55:08 AM

I fired a 16 guage at around that age.  I was used to a 410, and I didn't put it, like, properly in place, firm against my shoulder. Well, my father had a good laugh that day.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom