News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Life's Greatest Regret?

Started by mongers, October 11, 2015, 05:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

What's the one thing in your life that you regret the most not doing?

Mine, I regret not taking part in the Paris–Dakar rally, that would have been some adventure.  :cool:

And since it no longer exists as a race in Africa, I think it's safe to say it's passed me by.  :D
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Not asking out Melody back in 1997. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Breaking up with a girl because she got a really bad perm.

mongers

The more I think about it I'd have to say I definitely regret not taking part in the Paris-Dakar, even if it had meant mortgaging a house at the time.

Reading up on the 1st and 2nd races back in 1979/80, two french brothers came 5th and then 3rd driving a Renault 4 !!   :cool:

In 1981 they got more professional and won it driving a Renault 20.

Monoriu

Not buying the right stocks ahead of time.

Liep

Quote from: Monoriu on October 11, 2015, 06:12:48 PM

Your life must be a constant disappointment.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 11, 2015, 06:14:48 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on October 11, 2015, 06:12:48 PM

Your life must be a constant disappointment.

I misread it as socks; which I guess is similarly as exciting.

Liep

Starting uni straight after high school instead of traveling.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on October 11, 2015, 06:17:09 PM
Starting uni straight after high school instead of traveling.

You could travel now with more money.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Retiring in 2004. I hate the civilian work force.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Ever playing MMORPGs. Sure I had fun but damn those are alot of days of my youth wasted.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: mongers on October 11, 2015, 05:35:35 PM
The more I think about it I'd have to say I definitely regret not taking part in the Paris-Dakar, even if it had meant mortgaging a house at the time.

I did not know of the race, but now that I do I regret you not doing it as well. That would be awesome!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Archy

Not choosing something useful than a master of Archaeology.
<_<