News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hunted

Started by Josquius, September 23, 2015, 06:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

One thing that seemed to get the two brothers caught and I can imagine being a big issue is boredom.
All well and good to say you'll hole up in a tent in the mountains with a bunch of food and water....but damn would that get dull fast.
Since its just a TV show and not a genuine life or death thing it would be even more pressing.

QuoteYou guys are cute.

I am quite convinced these "reality" shows are at least half scripted. They just don't want to pay for actors, and the audience actually appreciates it more because its "real"
You don't say.

QuoteThe strategy would depend on assumptions about how the hunt is run. I'm assuming that (1) the target has no notice, so only has what s/he has on him or her normally; (2) the hunters only start hunting when the target starts running; and (3) it isn't in the winter.
On the one I watched they told the Sikh guys to go on the run when they were just out on the street, they told the hunters who they were looking for at the same time. The runners had a little while to go back home and grab a rucksack, supplies, etc... before the hunters got their shit together.
And of course they applied to go on this TV show before hand so...It seems sensible they would have something worked out.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on September 24, 2015, 10:24:47 AM
One thing that seemed to get the two brothers caught and I can imagine being a big issue is boredom.
All well and good to say you'll hole up in a tent in the mountains with a bunch of food and water....but damn would that get dull fast.
Since its just a TV show and not a genuine life or death thing it would be even more pressing.

I think most people could hole up in a tent in the mountains for a month if the reward is big enough.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 24, 2015, 10:29:32 AM

I think most people could hole up in a tent in the mountains for a month if the reward is big enough.

Yup. As long as you know it's for a month, you can put up with a lot of boredom, if it's for a big pay-off (or to avoid jail, or worse  ;) ).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

Quote from: Malthus on September 24, 2015, 10:47:39 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 24, 2015, 10:29:32 AM

Yup. As long as you know it's for a month, you can put up with a lot of boredom, if it's for a big pay-off (or to avoid jail, or worse  ;) ).

Yeah, though I think it would be easier to evade the actual police than the "hunters" on the show.  Unless you've committed a major felony, the real police aren't really going to put any resources into hunting for you.  In many (most?) cases the police don't even know who they're looking for.

Warspite

It seems there are a lot of passive strategies here, when with a mobile phone, an alarm clock and some everyday household explosives you could make a pretty passable IED. Let's see the hunters keep up their pace when two of them have their legs blown off.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Pedrito

Quote from: Warspite on September 29, 2015, 09:50:36 AM
It seems there are a lot of passive strategies here, when with a mobile phone, an alarm clock and some everyday household explosives you could make a pretty passable IED. Let's see the hunters keep up their pace when two of them have their legs blown off.
:lol:
Just imagine the audience skyrocketing.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 24, 2015, 09:31:49 AM
Those two dudes who escaped from Dannemora did a pretty good job.  My strategy would be to head for New York State, break into the prison holding the surviving guy and then break into the SHU, get his advice, then break back out and start lamming it.

Dannemora? The Swedish iron ore mine?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

A friend just posted this on Facebook: "In case anyone's interested, my company has been working with Channel 4 to make this programme. Some of our cyber security experts have been working with ex-police to hunt people down."

So I'd probably bribe him to ensure the cops got fake results.

Josquius

Better shank the cameraman following you first.
██████
██████
██████

Warspite

Quote from: Tyr on September 30, 2015, 02:00:02 PM
Better shank the cameraman following you first.

Behead him, and put the video on social media. Though you'll have to avoid the ISIS mistake of leaving geotagging on. You don't know whether the hunting team have Reaper drones flying overhead.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

MadBurgerMaker

You'd have to behead the cameraman asap, but then follow the investigators back to their home base after they check out your house before employing your phone IED.  They can't find you if there's no one left.  Hire a homeless guy to deliver it for you.  This whole thing would be like...half an episode long.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on September 24, 2015, 09:27:13 AM
You guys are cute.

I am quite convinced these "reality" shows are at least half scripted. They just don't want to pay for actors, and the audience actually appreciates it more because its "real"
:zipped:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

If most reality shows are scripted, they should fire the writers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

I would go to Mumbai, live in a slum there for a while, become friends with the local organized crime chief and start working as a weapons smuggler.

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2015, 11:34:36 PM
If most reality shows are scripted, they should fire the writers.
none of the "writers" are paid as writers. Mostly comes from the exec, supervising and segment producers.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son