News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hunted

Started by Josquius, September 23, 2015, 06:35:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Legbiter on September 24, 2015, 07:01:15 AM
I'd go to a remote cabin up in the highlands and sit tight for a month.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Brazen

There's several places I could go and friends and relatives who could help me out. Trouble is, I'd never get out of London with the amount of CCTV on the streets, public transport and motorway service stations.

PDH

I would go to the biggest city in Wyoming and get lost in the teeming throngs.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Malthus

The strategy would depend on assumptions about how the hunt is run. I'm assuming that (1) the target has no notice, so only has what s/he has on him or her normally; (2) the hunters only start hunting when the target starts running; and (3) it isn't in the winter.

First thing I'd do is contact a friend using a landline and get them to spot me a big pile of cash - my credit is good for that. This has to be done ASAP, because soon enough the 'detectives' would figure out who my friends & relations are and have them watched.

At the same time, I'd toss any electronics I have - cell, laptop.

Then, I'd buy a used bike, in cash - wouldn't want to risk the cameras at bus stations, train stations, or airports - and simply start a road trip to a county park I know about, buying supplies along the way. Probably stop off at a little camping store I know of in Barrie, Ont. and buy a wack of easy to prepare lightweight foods, a tent, a lantern, etc. - again, cash. Camp out for a month in a reasonably remote spot, most likely no-one would notice or care. Spend the time whittling or whatever, and come back in a month.

Unless I'm spotted somehow along the way, as long as I evade the initial 'net' and get my hands on the money, it is hard to see how the detectives could ever catch up.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Warspite on September 24, 2015, 04:45:15 AM
I would put my shoes on backwards so that my footprints would always look like they were going in the opposite direction.

You win the internet.  Everyone can go home, now.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Malthus on September 24, 2015, 08:23:38 AM
The strategy would depend on assumptions about how the hunt is run. I'm assuming that (1) the target has no notice, so only has what s/he has on him or her normally; (2) the hunters only start hunting when the target starts running; and (3) it isn't in the winter.

It appears there's at least some notice, since the brothers had time to work up a fake plan and plant it on a cell phone they left behind.

Malthus

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 24, 2015, 08:54:08 AM
Quote from: Malthus on September 24, 2015, 08:23:38 AM

It appears there's at least some notice, since the brothers had time to work up a fake plan and plant it on a cell phone they left behind.

If I'm allowed notice, I can skip the borrowing money from a friend step and just have my cash in hand at the start. The only challenge would be slipping out of the city without leaving a trail - bike ought to do the trick.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadBurgerMaker

If I can't go to Mexico, I'd probably just go to Houston, ditch my car in the IAH long term parking, catch a cab downtown, walk to a bar and call another cab, and have it drop me off a couple miles from where I'm headed.  There are plenty of shitty motels in Houston that will take cash for a month, and unless things have changed, cameras are relatively scarce away from the airport.  Hell, I could probably use a credit card for the first cab (not the second).  They'd know I'm somewhere in Houston.  Good luck.

I could really probably just do this in SA.  Buy an "I :wub: SAN ANTONIO" tshirt and blend with the tourists on the Riverwalk/downtown if I need to leave my shitty motel for anything.

Tamas

You guys are cute.

I am quite convinced these "reality" shows are at least half scripted. They just don't want to pay for actors, and the audience actually appreciates it more because its "real"

Malthus

My instinct is to avoid shitty hotels.

Sadly, the person who we could get the best info from was CdM.  :( I'm guessing shitty hotels were a bail bondsman's happy hunting grounds.

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on September 24, 2015, 09:27:13 AM
You guys are cute.

I am quite convinced these "reality" shows are at least half scripted. They just don't want to pay for actors, and the audience actually appreciates it more because its "real"

The thread is a "what if".

Obviously, they tart up actual shows to make them more interesting for viewers, because a show in which literally nothing happens is pretty boring.

MadBurgerMaker

I've been just sitting here thinking about evading the police for a while now, since I have nothing else to do here otherwise except answer the occasional email at the moment (all week, actually ugh).    :)

Capetan Mihali

Those two dudes who escaped from Dannemora did a pretty good job.  My strategy would be to head for New York State, break into the prison holding the surviving guy and then break into the SHU, get his advice, then break back out and start lamming it.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Malthus on September 24, 2015, 09:27:50 AM
My instinct is to avoid shitty hotels.

Sadly, the person who we could get the best info from was CdM.  :( I'm guessing shitty hotels were a bail bondsman's happy hunting grounds.

That's true.  Over a month they could show your photo to a lot of front desk types at the shitty motels.   :hmm:  Fuck it, hit up the Four Seasons.  There are cameras, but they might not even ask, since aside from drug lords and mafia types, who stays at the damn Four Seasons while running from the cops? 

And yeah, just having some dudes hanging out in a random motel room watching HBO or going camping for a month and wondering why their stomachs feel weird after eating MRE's every day would make for a really boring TV show.