Cereal cafe: Owner tells of 'witch hunt' that pelted windows with cereal/paint

Started by garbon, September 27, 2015, 03:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

The Brain

Quote from: Jaron on September 27, 2015, 02:26:14 PM
A small container of blueberries in the US can run you as much as 5.00.

A single soul cried out in terror!

QuoteIf you don't agree with the concept, why not just eat there?

How to put this... Poors aren't very bright.

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on September 27, 2015, 02:32:15 PM
How to put this... Poors aren't very bright.

Well that was clear from the fact that they are fighting gentrification in the already highly gentrified Shoreditch. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Quite a useful place to get a quick breakfast if one didn't make it back home the previous night.

I don't get the "an entire packet of cereal costs less than £3" argument; on that basis there should be no places selling cups of coffee at all since a half-pound of excellent freshly ground coffee costs about the same as one cup of Starbucks  :hmm:

Richard Hakluyt

The rabble causing the disturbance are a bunch called Class War btw. I had a glance at their website and they have a "Women's Death Brigade"  :lmfao:

They may have thought that Citizen Smith was a documentary  :P

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zanza on September 27, 2015, 01:02:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2015, 12:12:13 PM
Quote from: Zanza on September 27, 2015, 11:38:07 AM
What's a cereal cafe? Do they sell cornflakes or what?

:huh:

I see. I wasn't aware that such a thing exists. If they would add Müsli to their offering, I might go there for breakfast.

for the italian branch you might call it müslini

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 27, 2015, 03:43:56 PM
The rabble causing the disturbance are a bunch called Class War btw. I had a glance at their website and they have a "Women's Death Brigade"  :lmfao:

I'm curious whether they are true locals or university tossers that got in before the place started gentrifying.

Based on my very limited knowledge of Cockneys (basically a few gangster movies) they don't seem like the kind of folk to start up an organization called Class War with an auxiliary Women's Death Brigade.

garbon

OMG, I saw them...'perform'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SOPA-X_w5Y

I guess truly a case of deciding what hipsters you want to support in this instance. Class War does have a transvestite spokesperson.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Admiral Yi

I'm definitely supporting the Captain Crunch Crew.  They've done nothing wrong and the other group has wank written all over them.

mongers

Maybe it was just a protest by surrealists?

Or were they cereal offenders?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2015, 04:00:24 PM

OMG, I saw them...'perform'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SOPA-X_w5Y

I guess truly a case of deciding what hipsters you want to support in this instance. Class War does have a transvestite spokesperson.

looks like a member of a regular british stagparty to me

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on September 27, 2015, 04:16:28 PM
Maybe it was just a protest by surrealists?

Or were they cereal offenders?

:frusty:

When I saw the pic of the shipowners I started to support the protesters.

Then I saw the spokesperson for the protesters.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on September 27, 2015, 04:26:06 PM
When I saw the pic of the shipowners I started to support the protesters.

Then I saw the spokesperson for the protesters.

I'm all for beards and gender non-conformity...though not in these instances. -_-