News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wildlife

Started by mongers, September 20, 2015, 03:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Yeah I get that from birds looking into the house if I've not topped up the feeders the night before.  :)

A white hart just up the way amongst the pony paddocks:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 20, 2015, 04:20:21 PM
Chipmunk I think.

or Monk Monk as the Ridgeback knows them as.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

PRC

Nuthatches have such a distinct call.  Love hearing them and have plenty around my house.  Also have some very large hares in the neighbourhood, they're starting to go white now in preparation for the Winter.

11B4V

(Violation of the Treaty of 2002)
Charge #1: Chewing on my maple trees.

Sumbitch quit chewing on my maple trees. I just sighted in four rifles today at the range. Not the time of the year to violate the Treaty. I'll blast your ass.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

mongers

Holy thread necromancy, I was just thinking about starting a critters thread, turns out I started on a couple of years back.

Talking of which, I'm rather pleased there's now a family of hedgehogs living in the garden, especially given how rare they are nowadays.  :bowler:

Maladict

Spotted two mice in the apartment today  :x

HVC

Quote from: Maladict on September 11, 2016, 11:43:53 AM
Spotted two mice in the apartment today  :x
if you see 2 you have 10 or more.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

You know you're Condition Red and definitely expecting rain when they expand the sushi menu at work. 

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2016, 02:24:17 PM
You know you're Condition Red and definitely expecting rain when they expand the sushi menu at work. 

Oh wow. Ick.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2016, 03:11:07 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 11, 2016, 02:24:17 PM

Oh wow. Ick.

I'm up to my ass in Victor Charles here, man.  I'm at peak Mono. 

mongers

Crows, rooks, ravens and jackdaws, ar much under-rated wildlife; I like watching them go about their business as I pass through the countryside.  :bowler:

mongers

Standing, part transfixed, whilst watching several dozen swallow squibbing about a few dozen feet above me.

I guess they're fuelling up for their impending migration to where, Africa? Hard to believe such small graces undertake such an epic.  :cool:

Ed Anger

That octopus looks like something I pooped out.

Anyways, today was squirrel day. Little fuckers were all over the place. I "misplaced" a bag of peanuts in the shell for them.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive