And we're back!

Main Menu

Computer is dead

Started by Monoriu, September 17, 2015, 04:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: viper37 on September 19, 2015, 07:52:06 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 19, 2015, 09:23:02 AM
My body disintegrates after the exercise. 
that means it's time to start training ;)

It isn't just my lack of physical strength.  It is also that we don't have anything good to tie up the box, and we don't know how to make a good knot. 

viper37

Call a taxi.  Put the box on the back seat, right next to you.  Ask the taxi to drive you to your shop.  Unload the box, explain to the dealer what the problem is, wait for it, or take the taxi back to work.  Done, no knots or whatever.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Quote from: viper37 on September 20, 2015, 05:34:25 PM
Call a taxi.  Put the box on the back seat, right next to you.  Ask the taxi to drive you to your shop.  Unload the box, explain to the dealer what the problem is, wait for it, or take the taxi back to work.  Done, no knots or whatever.

It is a challenge for me to take the box from the flat to the taxi :contract:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Monoriu on September 20, 2015, 06:27:26 PM

Monoriu

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 20, 2015, 10:31:46 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 20, 2015, 06:27:26 PM

I do use this.  But these are kinda useless if stairs are involved.  The shop is inside a mall.  There are like 15 stair steps along the way :cry:

Syt

Use a door to door courier service, then.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Monoriu

Quote from: Syt on September 21, 2015, 04:29:38 AM
Use a door to door courier service, then.

1. My wife and I being office workers with 8-8 schedules, it is very difficult for the courier to come pick it up.
2. I want to minimize the length of time I make do without the desktop.  Couriers take too much time.
3. They cost money.

I'll just have to drag it myself anyway.  In fact I have already done half the journey.  It is just waiting for me to fly back to HK from Taiwan to pick up.

Grey Fox

One of my work computer died. :(

Since it's the dell cheap crap, I won't try to fix it. On the lap of IT, it goes.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

When I dragged the computer across the computer mall a few days ago, I found that I was the centre of attention, and some people offered to help  :blush:

viper37

Quote from: Monoriu on September 21, 2015, 06:03:57 PM
and some people offered to help  :blush:
given they were likely Chinesse, that was quite a feat! ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Monoriu

Quote from: viper37 on September 22, 2015, 12:11:49 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on September 21, 2015, 06:03:57 PM
and some people offered to help  :blush:
given they were likely Chinesse, that was quite a feat! ;)

HKers aren't typical Chinese.  We behave somewhere between a typical Chinese and a typical westerner. 

Monoriu

DIVINE INTERVENTION.  So I went to the computer shop from the airport.  Computer was fixed, completely free.  I asked them to tie up the box.  They said I already had a trolley, why was there a need to make a knot.  I said the computer mall had stairs.  They were perplexed, and said "why don't you take the lift?  No stairs whatsoever."

I was like, so I carried the computer so many times up and down these stairs, all for nothing.