News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Führer's Death List

Started by Syt, September 16, 2015, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hitlers-hit-list-revealed-wanted-6426508

QuoteHitler's hit list revealed - he wanted Noel Coward, HG Wells and Baden Powell dead

The Nazi despot not only wanted to kill Churchill and Atlee, he also wanted to bump off celebrities and entertainers

Adolf Hitler's Black Book, a list of Brits the Fuhrer wanted exterminated, is available in English for the first time.

Historians have researched all 2,820 of the Nazi leader's "enemies of the state, traitors and undesirables" who were "marked for punishment or death".

The chilling hit-list includes politicians, writers, actors, scientists, musicians, heads of industry and religious leaders.

Researchers have now created a digital database that reveals who the most-wanted were, why they were seen as a threat and what was to become of them.

Prime targets included wartime Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his deputy Clement Atlee.

They included the British spy thought to have been the real-life inspiration for James Bond and Scouting founder Baden Powell.

Famed actor Noel Coward was a target, as was War of the Worlds author HG Wells and writer and feminist Virginia Woolf.

The list was created ahead of Operation Sea Lion – the Nazi plan to invade the UK had the Luftwaffe won the Battle of Britain.

The targets would have been rounded up by troops from the SS and Gestapo and, in most cases, executed without any trial.

More than 20,000 copies of the Black Book were printed during the Second World War, but only a handful are still in existence.

Military genealogy website Forces War Records has now translated the list into English.

The result is an extensive database of information that can be accessed online.

Managing director Tim Hayhoe said: "The people on this list would have been the first to be rounded up and risk being killed.

"They would have been sent to concentration camps or forced to throw in their lot with the Germans.

A prominent name on the list was Conrad Fulke Thomond O'Brien-ffrench, an MI6 agent who was a close friend of 007 creator Ian Fleming.

It is believed his espionage adventures provided the template for James Bond.

O'Brien-ffrench was a spy in the First World War who managed to send vital letters in invisible ink back to Britain while in captivity.

Before the start of the SecondWorld War, he was based in Austria and provided early intelligence of the Germans' annexing of that country.

Another was Major Francis Foley – dubbed the "British Schindler" – who helped 10,000 Jews escape Nazi Germany.

Adolf Hitlist
- Sir Winston Churchill , wartime PM
- Noel Coward , playwright
- Vera Brittain, author, feminist and mother of former Lid Dem MP Baroness Shirley Williams
- HG Wells, science fiction author
- EM Forster, novelist
- Aldous Huxley, writer and philosopher
- Virginia Woolf , author
- Robert Baden Powell , lieutenant-general in the British Army and founder of the Scout Movement
- Sigmund Freud , Austrian neurologist, father of psychoanalysis
- Violet Bonham Carter, daughter of former PM Herbert Asquith.
- Sylvia Pankhurst, campaigner for the suffragette movement
- JB Priestley, novelist, playwright and broadcaster
- Paul Robeson, American singer, actor and Civil Rights activist
- Sybil Thorndike, actress
- Clement Atlee, wartime deputy PM
- Neville Chamberlain , PM at the start of the Second World War
- Conrad O'Brien-ffrench, MI6 agent and inspiration for James Bond

You know what's creepy? They've actually ALL died! :o  :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

2,820? So 6 million is clearly false.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Valmy

Well fortunately Violet Bonham Carter's son had already born so her granddaughter could still have been in all those horrible Tim Burton movies.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Old story dressed up as something new by website looking for publicity and clicks, picked up by newspaper desperate for cheap or free content/padding.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Sigmund Freud was already dead by the time wrote up that list.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2015, 12:11:18 PM
Sigmund Freud was already dead by the time wrote up that list.

Teutonic efficiency!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Paul Robeson was a bit of a dick.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Quote from: derspiess on September 16, 2015, 04:50:26 PM
Paul Robeson was a bit of a dick.

You know pretty well that if Seedy was around he'd tear you a new one, as he'd not tolerate the badmouthing of a learned and opinionated black man for being an unavowed leftist.

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on September 16, 2015, 10:18:07 AM
Old story dressed up as something new by website looking for publicity and clicks, picked up by newspaper desperate for cheap or free content/padding.

Well yeah, I mean I read about this from Shirer's Book Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Scipio

What's funny is how many of them were friends of Churchill's.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt