Due to low birth rate, Japan abolishes social sciences, STEM for all.

Started by jimmy olsen, September 16, 2015, 08:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Japanese civilization is superior. The West is going ever so gentle into that good night.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 17, 2015, 08:43:36 AM
The childhood he'll get in rural Japan should be far more safe and pleasant than living in the South. He'll have his druthers when he's 18, and can reject either US or Japanese citizenship in favor of the other.

Well, maybe by that time the "in outer space" option will be available.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on September 17, 2015, 10:46:36 AM
Japanese civilization is superior. The West is going ever so gentle into that good night.

Japanese civilization committed seppukku decades ago.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 17, 2015, 12:48:16 AM
I'm glad people who think like Mono are in charge in Asia - this means, for all their industriousness they will never beat the West.

In fact look at what happened to Japan - they came close (remember all the fears of the Japanese taking over the US economy in the 70s and the 80s?) but then started to slide back, exactly because creativity and innovativeness (in a true sense, not just how to make a smaller computer) cannot be centrally planned. Same will happen with China - they have been growing because they started from really really low and they just have a shitload of people, so in absolute numbers it seems staggering - but there is only a certain (sub-Western) level they will reach and then they will began to slide back - you could say that this has already begun.

There is a reason Americans invented the iPhone and the best Chinese can do is to make it (or plagiarise it) - and not the other way around.

I think the reason the Japanese economy hit a brick wall is their economy is based around cartels.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

Amongst my high schoolers in Japan it was known even at their young age that the humanities were the way to go.
Your future company would randomly assign you to a department anyway so there was no point studying something difficult and practical, best to just spend a few years "studying" something light and easy.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on September 17, 2015, 08:43:36 AM
The childhood he'll get in rural Japan should be far more safe and pleasant than living in the South. He'll have his druthers when he's 18, and can reject either US or Japanese citizenship in favor of the other.

I guess on the plus side he won't have any black churches to shoot up in Japan.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 17, 2015, 11:11:06 AM
Quote from: The Brain on September 17, 2015, 10:46:36 AM

Japanese civilization committed seppukku decades ago.

A scathing indictment of Western civilization.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on September 16, 2015, 03:08:26 PM
Unlike Sweden Japan doesn't look like a Third World shithole with rampant vandalism, beggars everywhere etc. I have more confidence in Japan's abilities to overcome the challenges of the next 100 years than I have in Sweden's.
Unlike most western countries it does have abandoned decaying buildings and disjointed incomplete  road barriers everywhere though.

Also though you rarely see beggars there are plentiful homeless to be seen in japan. THey just tend to behave themselves.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2015, 03:46:43 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 16, 2015, 03:39:42 PM
They may be lacking sound principles, judging by the PC concepts they keep on producing, but what should be their principal output then, according to you?  :P

Knowledge.

You mean "knowledge Yi agrees with."  PC concepts are knowledge.  They just aren't knowledge that you personally value.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on September 17, 2015, 01:19:18 PM
Unlike Sweden Japan doesn't look like a Third World shithole with rampant vandalism, beggars everywhere etc. I have more confidence in Japan's abilities to overcome the challenges of the next 100 years than I have in Sweden's.
Unlike most western countries it does have abandoned decaying buildings and disjointed incomplete  road barriers everywhere though.

Seriously?  You been in Swiss Heaven that long?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Hamilcar

Quote from: Ideologue on September 17, 2015, 02:11:01 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 17, 2015, 01:19:18 PM

Seriously?  You been in Swiss Heaven that long?

What is Swiss Heaven?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on September 17, 2015, 02:03:17 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 16, 2015, 03:46:43 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 16, 2015, 03:39:42 PM
They may be lacking sound principles, judging by the PC concepts they keep on producing, but what should be their principal output then, according to you?  :P

Knowledge.

You mean "knowledge Yi agrees with."  PC concepts are knowledge.  They just aren't knowledge that you personally value.

In Yi's defense things like "trigger warnings", and "microagression", aren't valuable to anyone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017