Lightning strikes Grand Mosque's Binladin group construction crane on 9/11, 87 dead

Started by Martinus, September 13, 2015, 01:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteMecca crane collapse: 87 dead at Grand Mosque - as it happened

We're bringing this live blog to a close tonight, as it is after midnight in Mecca.

Here's how things stand at the moment:

A construction crane has crashed through the eastern side of Mecca's Grand Mosque in Saudi Arabia, the holy building at the centre of the annual hajj pilgrimage
87 people are dead and 201 people are injured according to the Saudi civil defence authority's Twitter posts.
Extreme weather is the likely cause of the collapse, authorities said, with heavy rain, lightning strikes and high winds hitting the Muslim holy city on Friday, 10 days before the start of the hajj.
Reconstruction work to enlarge the Grand Mosque had been ongoing for the past two years and was expected to be largely completed before this year's pilgrimage, which begins on 22 September.
The construction work was being led by the construction giant Saudi Binladin Group, but it is not yet known which company the crane belonged to.
Saudi investigators are still ascertaining the identities of the dead and injured, but India said nine of its citizens were among the wounded.
Images from inside the mosque show an enormous crater in the mosque's stone floor, with pictures on social media of bodies covered in debris and blood stains on the tiles.
The governor of Mecca region, Prince Khaled al-Faisal, has ordered an investigation into the incident.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/sep/11/mecca-crane-crash-more-than-50-dead-at-grand-mosque-live

If God exists, he has a sense of irony.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote from: alfred russel on September 13, 2015, 09:21:21 AM
I hope Vile Wahhabist is okay.  :(

His friend got a black eye, a broken jaw and a couple of busted ribs. Not from the crane though.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

11B4V

The will of God be done.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Norgy

11B4V

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on September 13, 2015, 08:53:28 PM
You really are garbage.

Nothing personal but yeah this is not everybody's finest moment here. A bunch of guest workers got tragically killed. Woooo
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."