telegraph
0 (0%)
pidgeon
0 (0%)
I don't need no fancy communimication
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Admiral Yi

I got a Windows phone because it was the cheapest touchscreen in the store.

I kinda get now how calling can be a pain in the ass.  Too many steps to check voice mail.  But reading a text is just as simple as reading an email.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Pedrito

HTC One.

Google is my master.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on September 09, 2015, 05:41:46 PM
Fire phone.

You disappoint me, I was expecting:

[11B4V]

Two cans, ball of string.

[/11B4V]

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

Is that what you use?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I have found disposable ones goof for my purposes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Berkut on September 09, 2015, 12:19:34 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2015, 03:57:38 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 09, 2015, 03:52:43 AM
I prefer to use email.

Me too - I think in 9 cases out of 10 calling someone in this day and age of emails and text messages, is just plain rude.

The cultural shift that has calling someone on the phone as being "rude" or not to be desired in some fashion is simply fucking bizarre to me.

I know it exists - my kids would sooner carve out their eyes than actually call someone on the phone.

It's bizarre to me too, and I often still think that texting over calling is less, well, "intimate", especially when trying to communicate with friends.  But I see the other side too...who are you to disturb me at YOUR convenience with a phone call, when you can text me instead, and allow me to respond(or better, actually call in response) at mine?  Kinda goes to the odd logic we had developed in the past that, just because somebody makes your phone ring, they take some kind of priority over the person who is there talking to you...in person.

LaCroix

for me, depends on the relationship. good friend? call, #yolo. professional friend/acquaintance? text asking if they're available to talk

Phillip V

LG G3 (Android).  I will keep it as my primary phone for at least two or three years due to my satisfaction.

mongers

Most people will find it Very hard to contact me by phone.   :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 09, 2015, 08:33:04 PM
Quote from: LaCroix on September 09, 2015, 08:08:52 PM
professional friend

:hmm:

I'm guessing he means "work friends".  People at work whom you like, and who like you, but for reasons, never really hang outside of work or work functions.  I've had plenty of those.

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on September 09, 2015, 06:06:02 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 09, 2015, 05:41:46 PM
Fire phone.

You disappoint me, I was expecting:

[11B4V]

Two cans, ball of string.

Of course not, we're not savages here.

[/11B4V]

:P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

dps

Quote from: LaCroix on September 09, 2015, 08:08:52 PM
for me, depends on the relationship. good friend? call, #yolo. professional friend/acquaintance? text asking if they're available to talk

For me, it's more about the content of the message than anything else.  Want to remind me that we've planned to get together to watch the game on TV tonight?  Text me, and I can just text back an acknowledgment/confirmation.  Want to set up plans for a future get-together?  Call me, so we can actually talk and discuss what we want to do, when, where, etc.