And we're back!

Main Menu

I don't like the new Google look

Started by Hamilcar, September 04, 2015, 05:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilcar

Richard Hakluyt

It is indeed deeply offensive  :mad:

Signed : Richard Hakluyt aged 58 and 3/4.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

celedhring

Monoriu

Their old and new logos are fine.  But I hate it when companies change their logos.  Logos should be forever. 

Warspite

It's not really offensive, but it is weirdly child-like. It looks more like a brand for toys than an information company.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Admiral Yi

The Larch

Quote from: Warspite on September 04, 2015, 05:55:46 AM
It's not really offensive, but it is weirdly child-like. It looks more like a brand for toys than an information company.

I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one who thinks that it looks childish.  :lol:

I guess that they have so much money and are so powerful so they are beyond having to project a "serious" image, and can get away with wanting to seem non-threatening.

Syt

Serif font = serious, sans serif = childish?

Ok ...
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

But yeah, I like the new logo. Looks clean and slick.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2015, 06:48:59 AM

Ok ...

Well clearly it isn't that as many logos are sans serif.  That said, I do think there is something to be said about the decrease in complexity if people know you for a serif logo and you move to a sans serif. Naturally feels more simplistic at first.

Eventually though, everyone will get used to it and forget all about the archaic logo.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2015, 06:48:59 AM

Ok ...
What does "sans serif" mean?  "Without serif"?

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould