News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I don't like the new Google look

Started by Hamilcar, September 04, 2015, 05:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

I just don't like change, but by tomorrow I won't care that they changed it.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Tonitrus

They recently upgraded to Office/Outlook 2013 at work.  It makes dealing with email terrible.  :mad:

Liep

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 04, 2015, 10:30:25 AM
They recently upgraded to Office/Outlook 2013 at work.  It makes dealing with email terrible.  :mad:

We just got Office 365 and it's integrated with our intranet (complete with half the links going to old intranet server and not Microsoft's sharepoint). :mad:

Down with the new!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Brazen

It's one step from Comic Sans. Which is worse than Hitler.

I especially hate the G in browser tabs.

MadBurgerMaker

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/why-you-hate-googles-new-logo

QuoteWe loved the old logo, and we loved what Google was. Whatever it's up to, whatever its intentions, Google should want to keep our love. So in the name of love, Google, give us back our serifs. Let this sans-serif building-block refrigerator-magnet silliness be the New Coke to your Coke, the Qwikster to your Netflix, the Freedom Tower to your One World Trade. Go back to your beautiful old serifs, and we'll be that much likelier to let your self-driving cars drive us around.

:)

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on September 04, 2015, 10:50:54 AM
I especially hate the G in browser tabs.

That's actually the part that really bothers me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 04, 2015, 11:07:48 AM
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/why-you-hate-googles-new-logo

QuoteWe loved the old logo, and we loved what Google was. Whatever it's up to, whatever its intentions, Google should want to keep our love. So in the name of love, Google, give us back our serifs. Let this sans-serif building-block refrigerator-magnet silliness be the New Coke to your Coke, the Qwikster to your Netflix, the Freedom Tower to your One World Trade. Go back to your beautiful old serifs, and we'll be that much likelier to let your self-driving cars drive us around.

:)

:lol: