McDonald's launches all-day breakfast (but hungry Brits miss out)

Started by garbon, September 03, 2015, 11:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Hamilcar on September 04, 2015, 03:35:18 AM
I cannot recall the last time I ate at McDonalds? 15 years? 20?

For me it was last year. I was in Paris, at Avenue de Friedland, and had to grab something to eat quickly 30 minutes before a business meeting. Turned out the only place where I could eat without devoting 90+ minutes to the event was a McDonald's.

celedhring

Last time I ate at a McD's was about one year ago, got drunk with a friend, smoked some pot, and got the munchies at about 3am. That was the only place we found open.

Norgy

I don't eat at McDonalds or Burger King.
If I feel like an unsound meal, I go for a lamb kebab. And then am wracked by eating guilt for a week.

celedhring

Oh, I do plenty of cheap kebab. There's a hole in the wall in Barcelona's Old Town where I can fill my boots for a disturbingly cheap price.

Norgy

The sign of a good kebab place is that they bake their own bread.

Caliga

Quote from: Norgy on September 04, 2015, 04:00:23 AM
If I feel like an unsound meal, I go for a lamb kebab. And then am wracked by eating guilt for a week.
:huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Kebab places close too early in Switzerland. Mcdonalds is usually the latest place open
██████
██████
██████

Syt

No late night kebab in Zürich? If I crave kebab/bratwurst/leberkässemmel at 3am I know where to go.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

Quote from: Caliga on September 04, 2015, 07:33:28 AM
:huh:

It's the cultural appropriation, and maybe also cheap prices for kebabs makes him feel like an exploiter.

Or possibly Balls of Light don't typically take nutrients from consumption of flesh, and its a shock to the system.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

celedhring

I think he just means the kebabs he eats are really greasy and unhealthy.  :mmm:

Man, I need a kebab now.

Brazen

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on September 04, 2015, 03:43:28 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on September 04, 2015, 03:35:18 AM
I cannot recall the last time I ate at McDonalds? 15 years? 20?

For me it was last year. I was in Paris, at Avenue de Friedland, and had to grab something to eat quickly 30 minutes before a business meeting. Turned out the only place where I could eat without devoting 90+ minutes to the event was a McDonald's.
I had a goats cheese salad and beer in a French McDonalds. Because I could.

But yeah, last time I ate in one has to be more than 10 years ago.

Syt

BK is still the Amerikkkan fast food joint of choice for me here. It's just much better than McD.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on September 04, 2015, 08:25:35 AM
BK is still the Amerikkkan fast food joint of choice for me here. It's just much better than McD.
Correct.  Flame broiled... yes PLZ.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould