McDonald's launches all-day breakfast (but hungry Brits miss out)

Started by garbon, September 03, 2015, 11:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/11838861/McDonalds-launches-all-day-breakfast-but-hungry-Brits-miss-out.html

QuoteMcDonald's has announced it will start selling an all-day breakfast menu across America

Once again, our friends across the pond have all the luck.

After launching an all-day breakfast test run in stores in San Diego earlier this year, McDonald's USA has announced that they will finally be rolling the scheme out nationwide.

The move was a widely expected action, that the company and investors hope will help reverse the poor sales and traffic at the fast-food chain.

Judging by McDonald's UK response to these tweets - a link to their 'Why do you only serve breakfast till 10:30?' page - it won't be any time soon.

So, can I move back? :cry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Soon, people will be comparing McDonald's unfavorably to IHOP, Waffle House and Denny's instead of BK, Wendy's and Hardee's.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

This is good news for us fatties that like McDs breakfast but don't like waking up early. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Breakfast is the only decent thing at McDonalds.

It's a shame McDonalds in Canada isn't following suit. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

McDonald's hash browns are really good.  Sasuage and muffins are fine.  Pancakes are average at best.  Scrambled eggs are atrocious and belong to the rubbish bin.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I had breakfast for dinner.  At Waffle House.  SMOTHERED AND COVERED Y'ALL
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 03, 2015, 08:45:17 PM
I had breakfast for dinner.  At Waffle House.  SMOTHERED AND COVERED Y'ALL

The only way that could be more Kentucky is if you ate it while drinking bourbon and watching race horses play basketball.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Norgy

Gups

The Mcmuffins are fine for a normal pre-work breakfast. Hash browns and coffee is terrible though. If I want a breakfast after 10.30 (probably to soak up a hangover) I'm going for a fry up at a greasy spoon, not McDs.

Syt

Actually had to check what McD has for breakfast these days - I liked going there every now and then, but the only one on my way to work is pretty seedy and has a bad clientele.

Current menu: http://www.mcdonalds.at/produkte/easy-morning

The Viennese breakfasts (bottom) are popular with pensioners - it's basically what you might get in a normal café but at half the price. I like the McMuffin varieties and the McCroissant (with ham and cheese). Also sweet McGriddle's with Nutella spread. :mmm: The McToast stuff is also decent. Not a big fan of their McMorning sandwiches, because they add too much mayo.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hamilcar

I cannot recall the last time I ate at McDonalds? 15 years? 20?