Ashley Madison offers £300,000 reward amid reports of member suicides

Started by Syt, August 24, 2015, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

I assumed you would not post an accusation like that without a source and that it must also have been in the latest link. I w8ll be less charitable next time.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 26, 2015, 12:15:49 AM
I assumed you would not post an accusation like that without a source and that it must also have been in the latest link. I w8ll be less charitable next time.

I post 3 disjointed statements and 2 links between them, and you think all 3 were supported by articles? Deductive reasoning doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

Anyway, it took all of a minute to google this article, with this section:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/love-sex/71394419/former-ashley-madison-employee-claims-she-was-paid-to-create-fake-profiles

QuoteA source close to the FBI investigation into the leak has told The Daily Telegraph that examinations of the database suggest many of the female profiles on the site were created by a relatively small number of individuals.

The ranks of female members may have been further bolstered by prostitutes using the site to organise business with men who believed them to be frustrated married women.

As related by a reader of the Sydney Morning Herald: "[The woman] books a hotel room and arranges to meet a number of men at intervals during the day; all she asks of her 'lover' is that he pays for the room rental; after a quick liaison, she gets rid of him [...] then gets ready for the next man."

"Some sites turn a blind eye", the reader said, "or even actively engage women to play this role, so that they can fulfil their guarantee that any man signing up to meet a certain number of ladies actually gets to do so".

Ashley Madison says on its website that it cannot "guarantee the authenticity of any profile". It relies wholly on men for its profits; women can join for free.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on August 25, 2015, 02:02:16 PM
FTFY.  It's not a matter of "fucks to give" but a matter of refraining from being a Puritan.

FO LIFE, YO.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2015, 01:46:42 PM

Man, she really needs to get laid if she's frustrated and bored enough to write a letter that long.

If only there was a website that could help connect her with like-minded partners.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2015, 07:54:14 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 25, 2015, 02:02:16 PM
FTFY.  It's not a matter of "fucks to give" but a matter of refraining from being a Puritan.

FO LIFE, YO.

I came for the sexual repression. I stayed for the funky hat with a buckle on it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on August 26, 2015, 01:54:05 PM
I came for the sexual repression. I stayed for the funky hat with a buckle on it.

Seriously.  A hat with a damned buckle.  Genius.

And repressed Puritan women are pretty fun behind closed doors :)

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2015, 01:56:11 PM
Quote from: Malthus on August 26, 2015, 01:54:05 PM

Seriously.  A hat with a damned buckle.  Genius.

Did they teach you what that buckle was for?  :perv:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2015, 01:56:11 PM

Ah, just like the closeted Repub gays. :swiss:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Which do you tend to meet more of, closeted gays or closeted Republicans?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?