Danes face up to 6 years jail for telling people how to illegally stream

Started by Syt, August 23, 2015, 12:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 24, 2015, 09:38:03 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2015, 10:35:01 PM
:yeahright:

I used to think you guys were being too harsh on Mart's analogies... now, I know better.
Well, I was more reacting to your use of "I noticed which poster said it".  That's like Milhouse picking on Ralph Wiggum.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on August 23, 2015, 01:31:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 23, 2015, 01:17:57 PM
So they facilitated crime?

By that logic someone operating a shooting range facilitates murder.

Besides, "facilitating crime" is not a crime - aiding and abetting is. And for aiding and abetting to be punishable, one has to have clear intent and aiding and abetting must be linked to a specific crime or an attempt - not abstract.

I dunno Marty - what if a shooting range owner puts up their targets dressed up as homosexuals?  And hands out addresses to where noted homosexuals live and work?  At some point if someone does go out and shoots a gay person after using that range and that information, hasn't that crossed the line into abetting an offence?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Zanza

Are you trying to outdo Marty when it comes to poor analogies?

Barrister

DGuller

Eddie Teach

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2015, 10:40:37 AM

Besides, "facilitating crime" is not a crime - aiding and abetting is. And for aiding and abetting to be punishable, one has to have clear intent and aiding and abetting must be linked to a specific crime or an attempt - not abstract.

I dunno Marty - what if a shooting range owner puts up their targets dressed up as homosexuals?  And hands out addresses to where noted homosexuals live and work?  At some point if someone does go out and shoots a gay person after using that range and that information, hasn't that crossed the line into abetting an offence?

How do you "dress up as a homosexual" exactly?  :yeahright:

Eddie Teach

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on August 24, 2015, 10:58:10 AM
Quote from: Barrister on August 24, 2015, 10:40:37 AM

How do you "dress up as a homosexual" exactly?  :yeahright:

Lots of rainbow flags. :)

Maximus

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017