News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Wellington landing in Belgium forced Jeromey to respond, since if he did not, Napoleoncould be cut off from reinforcements.

I don't know if it was really worth it though - hard to judge just how dangerous Napoleon was and is - I know I won this game once when the Austrians and Russians let Napoleon loose in Russia.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on May 14, 2009, 09:36:12 AM
Wellington landing in Belgium forced Jeromey to respond, since if he did not, Napoleoncould be cut off from reinforcements.

I don't know if it was really worth it though - hard to judge just how dangerous Napoleon was and is - I know I won this game once when the Austrians and Russians let Napoleon loose in Russia.

Well, we get Austria back in the coming turn. We'll see what happens.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Grodno continues to hold out.  :bleeding:

Davout moved to Tyrol and recaptured Munich.

Soult with 4 CUs is going to try to drive Wellington out again.  Berkut may evade.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Quote from: Viking on May 14, 2009, 09:42:33 AMWell, we get Austria back in the coming turn. We'll see what happens.

I'll bite someone.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Wellington successfully scrams to Antwerp.

4/5 CPs - Flag Brussels.
5/5 - Soult and 4 CUs to Antwerp.

Wellington may evade again--he will take attrition for doing so, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Wellington successfully evades to Picardy, and takes no attrition.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 12:08:36 PM
Grodno continues to hold out.  :bleeding:

Davout moved to Tyrol and recaptured Munich.

Soult with 4 CUs is going to try to drive Wellington out again.  Berkut may evade.

Is Austria in the Imperial Camp?

Cause you can only place adjacent when in a friendly duchy

QuoteAn Active Army in a Friendly Duchy may Flag/unflag an
Adjacent unfortifed Duchy,

Definition of friendly

QuoteFriendly (Duchy): A Duchy Controlled by you (or an Ally) not occupied
by enemy Formations.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Habbaku

You know, I really don't get it.  You don't question all the other moves during this turn that's through territory that's not mine, but you question it now?

Anyway...

Quote15.23 FRIENDLY TERRITORY: All Duchies of the Subject
Neutral are now friendly to the conqueror and his current Camp
as long as the conquered nation remains a Subject Neutral.
The
conqueror and his current Camp do not require permission of the
Subject Neutral to enter any Duchy (including those containing
a Subject Neutral Formation) other than its Capital and may
Deploy through those Duchies as if they were their own. The
Subject Neutral retains Control of such Duchies.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 12:37:21 PM
You know, I really don't get it.  You don't question all the other moves during this turn that's through territory that's not mine, but you question it now?

Anyway...

I was asking about the right to place the flag, not the ability to move through.

Habbaku

Fair enough.  Objection retracted.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on May 14, 2009, 12:40:54 PM
Fair enough.  Objection retracted.

I'm just trying to play the game right.

Viking

As I understand it both Prussia and Austria can join our camp, I can't find any limitation for Prussia. 

Habbaku

Austria may, but Prussia may not since they were conquered in this turn and the interphase won't come until the game is effectively over.  Prussia may, however, join the Imperial camp or stay neutral :

Quote15.24 GRACE PERIOD: The conqueror and its Allies may not
declare war on the Subject Neutral before the Interphase of the
following Turn or vice versa. This prohibition is absolute and
could void potential Camp changes (see 8.8). However, the
Subject Neutral can ally with its conqueror before the end of
the Grace Period.

-J. R. R. Tolkien