News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I played the event Corn Riots, France must regroup 5 units/squadrons. Sending no file. Russia can't go until Habs has decided on which to remove.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The entirety of the French navy will head to regroup.  I'll let Viking handle that in his own file.

Russia's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

I play Royal Marriage and move Spain, two boxes. Habbaku can decide to play cards or not.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Delirium

Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2009, 08:12:41 AM
You are a good man viking.

What about me, I removed the entire French navy?   :frog:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I paid the cost to be the boss...of the Spanish.  Guerre de Course and Up From the Ranks discarded (9 CPs) to maintain the alliance).

Grumbler's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on April 14, 2009, 11:27:39 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2009, 08:12:41 AM
You are a good man viking.

What about me, I removed the entire French navy?   :frog:

Yes, yes you did. That was very nice as well.

Can someone remove the Irish?

0 rows returned

Berkut

Speaking of the Irish - I would like to point out that rather than deal with them last turn, I spent all my cards landing troops in Europe. Which got me nothing, I might add - but did force France to spend CPs dealing with Belgium instead of invading, oh, say Russia?

I would like viking to consider that when he decides what shall be done with Parliament. I think using it to help clean up the Irish would be a fine idea.

0 rows returned

Delirium

That is one worthy use of it, I agree.

I also think it was a genuinely good move to land in Europe rather than focus on Ireland, which would have been exactly what Habs would have wanted you to do.  :bowler:

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on April 14, 2009, 12:46:58 PM

I also think it was a genuinely good move to land in Europe rather than focus on Ireland, which would have been exactly what Habs would have wanted you to do.  :bowler:

Indeed, although losing 4 CPs worht of reinforcements is not a good thing.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Delirium on April 14, 2009, 12:46:58 PM

Agreed, Berkut cleverly avoided falling into Hab's cunning plan. Kudos!

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2009, 12:34:21 PM
Speaking of the Irish - I would like to point out that rather than deal with them last turn, I spent all my cards landing troops in Europe. Which got me nothing, I might add - but did force France to spend CPs dealing with Belgium instead of invading, oh, say Russia?

I would like viking to consider that when he decides what shall be done with Parliament. I think using it to help clean up the Irish would be a fine idea.

I'll listen to any and all suggestions.

grumbler

Done with my turn.  Took Nassau with the Prussians,Valencia with the Ottomans.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Valencia's not quite taken--you don't have the CPs remaining to flag it, but the landing is successful.

Spain counters by raising some foreign battalions and exiled citizens, under the guidance of Blake, in Madrid.

Sweden's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien