News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I don't have any particular problem with the deal as it stands, with the stipulation that the play of Parliament must be "reasonable" and be used to help the alliance.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on April 10, 2009, 10:24:42 PM
I don't have any particular problem with the deal as it stands, with the stipulation that the play of Parliament must be "reasonable" and be used to help the alliance.
No problem here.  Russian or Austrian veto?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

OK, however, there is one fly in the ointment.

I think, by rule, that Russia can give Prussia back keys when Prussia changes camps. However, once that happens, I don't think they can give them back later, absent an enemy flagging it in the interim.

So I think they have to give it back now, or you are pretty much screwed.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on April 10, 2009, 10:47:00 PM

I think, by rule, that Russia can give Prussia back keys when Prussia changes camps. However, once that happens, I don't think they can give them back later, absent an enemy flagging it in the interim.

I think Russia can trust me. Why would I join the Coalition camp and screw Russia over?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2009, 10:53:34 PM

I think Russia can trust me. Why would I join the Coalition camp and screw Russia over?

True enough.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

The entire game should be about screwing Russia over.  :frog:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

Quote from: Habbaku on April 10, 2009, 11:09:01 PM
The entire game should be about screwing Russia over.  :frog:
Hard to argue with that, save that everyone who has followed any Languish games know that you win, by and large.
The Coalition offers me the chance to win outright  The Imperial Camp, as I see it, allows me second place.  Time heals all wounds and wounds all heels, though.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Quote from: grumbler on April 10, 2009, 11:26:40 PMHard to argue with that, save that everyone who has followed any Languish games know that you win, by and large.

:D My reputation outpunches my results by a mile.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

grumble...

OK, so I'll have to give Warsaw when Prussia switches camps then.

Prussia joins coalition
Prussia gets Warsaw back
Russia can insist on a reasonable Parliament play
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

I believe we are waiting for Grumbler to reply and then redeploy/deploy and draw cards.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on April 12, 2009, 10:20:41 AM
I believe we are waiting for Grumbler to reply and then redeploy/deploy and draw cards.
Sorry, thought the lack of veto meant I was in the Coalition, and didn't realize anyone was waiting for anything. 

I am ready for the next phase.

Bayraktar!

Viking

Del, I'll be deploying up to 1 leaders and 4 CU, do you need it anywhere special?

Edit: You can only deploy an Army, not an Army Group.

Viking

Since Britain and Austria are in my coalition, and are the only powers that deploy before me.

CP Expenditure:
Buy Barclary (4 CP) and 2CU (4 CP) in Moscow.

Deployment:
Konstantin and 1 CU pick up 1 CU in St. Petersburg and 2 CU in Kiev and Deploy to Munich.

N.B. if Austria really needs the Army elswhere Del can place it elsewhere (provided I approve), but remember, if you do you have to spend the CP to move it.

Russia Deployments.
Munich: Kutuzov, Bagration, Konstantin and Bennigsen with 20 CU
Moscow: Barclay + 3 CU
St Petersburg: 3 Fleets
Sevastopol: 1 CU + 1 Fleet

Flags: Munich (Warsaw is apparently handed back to Prussia before the card draw phase of the Interphase).

I'll make sure all my positions are up to date when I do my turn as well.

Will draw 4 cards as well. Congratulations to Prussia for joining the winning side!

Viking

not sure if I should end the turn or not, so Habbaku, would you do the honours?

grumbler

Prussian build:
Blucher (6) and 1 CU in Berlin

Prussian deployment:  Blucher and 6 CU to Munster.

Turkish build: 2CU at Constantinople

Turkish deployment: Mustapha and 4CU from Constantinople to Montenegro.

Bayraktar!