Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2009, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 28, 2009, 07:10:06 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 28, 2009, 04:52:53 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 28, 2009, 01:45:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 28, 2009, 01:28:42 PM
Very funny and action packed.

The plot was very linear and simple, a 12 year old could follow it.

The plot was so convoluted even a 12 year old on ritalin could be unable to make sense of it. 
:huh: Seriously? It was a simple series of get the MacGuffin, just about the least complex plot there's possible to have.
The only Get the MacGuffin I saw was at the end.

Nr 1 Get the Shard
Nr 2 Find Jetfire
Nr 3 Find the tomb of the Primes
Nr 4 Get the Matrix to Optimus Prime
Must have missed them, I was struck by the awesome dialog like the mother telling a group of college girls abuto Sam 'just getting his cherry popped! He didn't know I was still in the house!"
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 28, 2009, 08:24:14 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 28, 2009, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 28, 2009, 07:10:06 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 28, 2009, 04:52:53 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 28, 2009, 01:45:46 PM

The plot was so convoluted even a 12 year old on ritalin could be unable to make sense of it. 
:huh: Seriously? It was a simple series of get the MacGuffin, just about the least complex plot there's possible to have.
The only Get the MacGuffin I saw was at the end.

Nr 1 Get the Shard
Nr 2 Find Jetfire
Nr 3 Find the tomb of the Primes
Nr 4 Get the Matrix to Optimus Prime
Must have missed them, I was struck by the awesome dialog like the mother telling a group of college girls abuto Sam 'just getting his cherry popped! He didn't know I was still in the house!"
She was stoned, I love whoever that actress is, very funny in my opinion.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

Like I said, if they had cut 45 minutes out of it, dropped the lame ass Autobot Twins - and I'm surprised no one is shouting racism after what amounts to a minstrel show there - it wouldn't have been a bad summer movie. 
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 28, 2009, 08:40:02 PM
I'm surprised no one is shouting racism after what amounts to a minstrel show there
You obviously haven't looked on the net very hard.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

You knew this because you had to ask the 12-year-old next to you what was going on?  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 28, 2009, 08:43:24 PM
I'm surprised no one is shouting racism after what amounts to a minstrel show there
You obviously haven't looked on the net very hard.
As it happens I haven't. 
PDH!

Savonarola

Like I said, if they had cut 45 minutes out of it, dropped the lame ass Autobot Twins - and I'm surprised no one is shouting racism after what amounts to a minstrel show there - it wouldn't have been a bad summer movie.

I saw one reviewer call them "Sambots."
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

I guess I don't get the idea that just because a movie has giant robots in it, it is required to suck.  I think it is possible to make a good movie about anything.  Please explain to me how giant robots mean you are required to have bad writing, poor acting, and nonsensical plots.

I mean these are still professional actors and writers.  They should do a good job regardless of what the subject of the film is, especially if it is a big budget film.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 26, 2009, 04:13:46 PM
She's reasonably attractive, but it's not like she's the hottest thing in the universe or anything.

:yes: besides, I can see hotter on the internet for free, I don't have to go spend money on a movie to see a hot girl. :mono:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Warspite

An awful film.

While so many of its elements simply failed beyond hopelessness, one stands out in particular: the script. An action film needs suspense. It needs to convey a sense of peril and of urgency. Unfortunately, by taking every possible opportunity to throw in a throw away joke, they undermined any suspense. The most egregious example of this was the police check in Jordan. Instead of tension, we have a fucking dwarf.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA