News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

I had an Atari computer, then a Tandy 286.  Bling.

First experience with the extradimensional invaders.  My first fleet got destroyed easily.  Second one messed up a bunch of their 72k fleets before I withdrew the remnants.  the AI are uninterested in fighting them off, so I'm letting the Unbidden fuck up the larger AI kingdoms for a bit before taking out their portal.
PDH!

garbon

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-turns-over-a-new-leaf-with-plantoids-species-pack.957245/

QuoteParadox Development Studio will soon release the first Species Pack for its hit science fiction strategy game, Stellaris. Species Packs will give players new phenotypes to play with as they expand across the galaxy.

This first species pack will be called Plantoids, and, as its name suggests, will introduce sentient plant life to the universe of Stellaris. Instead of becoming salad or animal fodder, these plants have reached for the stars and begun to spread their tendrils across the galaxy, planting the roots of new civilizations on new planets.

Our talented artists have put together fifteen new portraits, an original cityscape backdrop, and stunning new ship models for your new neighbors.​

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

I thought people played computer games to get away from eggplant invasions?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Not really surprising that they would add content like this in DLCs. I will wait until they release their first game mechanics DLC though.

Berkut

Yeah, I was all "Cool a DLC....wait, what?"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

crazy canuck

Quote from: Queequeg on July 13, 2016, 02:30:28 PM
Is this game worth it?

The novelty wears off fast.  I recommend waiting until they fix the victory conditions.

Josquius

True. I'm dissapointed. Very limited. But seems to be a good game in there.
██████
██████
██████

PJL

Darth Wagtaros

Gets dull fast.  Was absorbing at first.
PDH!

Josquius

Seriously. This new patch really hates my computer. So many BSODs
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

My relationship with this game is weird. I have started countless saves, and I enjoy the first 10 hours or so of every game like very few others. But I never can't get past that.

Razgovory

It seems that I always start out bordering some kind species who's philosophy is diametrically oppose to mine.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

chipwich

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2016, 04:25:50 PM
You guys act like the game is broken or somehow crippled. It is perfectly fine, and works great - at least on my machine.

There is plenty of room for more of course, but in its state right now it is the best 4x game I've ever played.

The victory conditions are broken/entirely unfun. Games need to have some endpoint or else they are broken. My game has completely stagnated with my civ constantly researching the repeatable techs. It would take me 1000 hours to conquer the galaxy. It's incomplete.

And that's before getting into all the broken mechanics with sector management and general micromanagement that I'd rather chew my arm off than continue my game.