News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I've no idea. Might have been a 486 as my family got one in '89. While I was one of the primary users of it, I was too young to know things like that. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on June 30, 2016, 11:37:44 AM
I've no idea. Might have been a 486 as my family got one in '89.

Check.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

OK. For sure there is a problem with this patch and my computer. My computer wholesale crashed when playing. :blink:
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

They released yet another hot fix. I like this game a lot, but there's been a glimpse of "Old Paradox" since its release.

garbon

Well this is a brand new type of game for them.

celedhring

The Brain

The finished game is literally in the future.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

Berkut

You guys act like the game is broken or somehow crippled. It is perfectly fine, and works great - at least on my machine.

There is plenty of room for more of course, but in its state right now it is the best 4x game I've ever played.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2016, 04:25:50 PM
There is plenty of room for more of course, but in its state right now it is the best 4x game I've ever played.

:console:

I think it has an outline, now we just need to wait till they fill it in.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Berkut on June 30, 2016, 04:25:50 PM
You guys act like the game is broken or somehow crippled. It is perfectly fine, and works great - at least on my machine.

I find it very very dull when compared to distant worlds, to be honest with you.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

I didn't understand what was I was doing in distant worlds.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Agelastus

Quote from: celedhring on June 30, 2016, 02:24:34 PM
They released yet another hot fix. I like this game a lot, but there's been a glimpse of "Old Paradox" since its release.

Have they fixed the annoying bug with planet naming yet (that you either have to leave it alone, name them yourself, or have them all named as the first planet in your "names" list because the randomiser button isn't working?)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Berkut

I just lost a game that was going really well when the Scourge decided to pay a visit. They attacked right at the intersection of my space and another empires, but they seemed to completely focus on me.

I was able to hold on for a while, my 37k fleets were able to take out their 50-60k fleets, but took damage when they did. I tried to just carefully pick off their fleets one at a time, while only contesting their actual attacks with maxed out defensive armies.

This worked for some time...until they sent 5 of those 50k fleets at my main bastion where I was repairing my primary fleet. By that point, I had lost probably a third of my empire to them, and was hurting on minerals.

It was kind of fun though, trying to fight them off, hitting them behind their lines and such. I kind of wish I had some help from the other empires....
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned