News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

This game is missing the rpg elements that made CK2 so compelling.  A hundred years have passed in my current game, I've got 10 colonies and I'm so bored!  I'm allied with all my neighbors yet I have no pre-space-faring species to either uplift or mentor.  It's just survey system - send it the constructor - mine system - upgrade ships and facilities.  Rinse and repeat.   :glare:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josquius

I eventually won my game.
Colonising so many planets gets dull.
And there are such a limited pool of planet names. At one point I ended up with 2 sectors with the same name.

I made a continental version of my desert main species.
I colonised one world with them then when I came back to play another day couldn't find the world where I made them. They exist. In my species tab.  But their home world is my world and no other information on where they are.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

The 1.2 patch changes some of this stuff a bit. For example, your colony is actually named after the planet you are colonising, but you are prompted to give it another name - ensuring better diversity. I also like that the planet limit has been changed to system limit - so if you like to have more planets under your direct control, it makes sense to pick systems with multiple habitable planets.

(For those of you who are not too observant, patch 1.2 is playable in beta :P. You can access it by right clicking the name of the game in the left side menu on Steam, clicking Properties and then choosing patch 1.2 in the beta tab).

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Sounds pretty good. When's it coming out?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

It already has, some cub scout reporter you are  :P

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 29, 2016, 01:51:11 AM
It already has, some cub scout reporter you are  :P

Ah, didn't realize that Marty's post was a week before Hab's. Thought it was still in Beta.

Am at work currently so didn't have time to check it out.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Assimov more like it. Game is crap. I'll check back in a year.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josquius

New patch seems pretty unstable.  Tried a new game (achievements are working now) and had 4 crashes in 3 hours.....
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Quote from: Tyr on June 29, 2016, 02:31:25 AM
New patch seems pretty unstable.  Tried a new game (achievements are working now) and had 4 crashes in 3 hours.....

Brexit patch?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

I played for several hours last night without any issues.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

I thought Jos has already revealed he's trying to play on a 386.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2016, 08:05:11 AM
I upgraded.
New processor runs it all on max without issues.
Well.
Ran.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on June 29, 2016, 08:05:11 AM

Man that brings up memories. I think my first computer back in the mid 90s was a 486.  :hmm:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr